• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Gez

First Post
Great update!

That's what is nice with the outer planes, they don't bother themselves with euclidian geometry. :)

On the typo front, there's just one, but a funny:
He was dressed in simple brown robes and only a single gemstone adored him, seemingly attached to his forehead.

You're the one that I adore, you'll always be my fore... :D

Shemeska said:
‘In silence, in solitude, entombed here in the depths of Her Serenity’s vaults I wait. Patient as the Great Spire and fearing none, for I see where others do not. Only by our Lady’s Will does darkness cloud my eyes as I wait for HUBRIS to shake the Heavens and Hells.

Isn't Hubris what 'Vorkannis' means? Vorkannis has certainly shaken the Heavens and Hells. Looks like whatever it is that is imprisoned there is going to get out soon...

Shemeska

Adventurer
Ohtar Turinson said:
Isn't Hubris what 'Vorkannis' means? Vorkannis has certainly shaken the Heavens and Hells. Looks like whatever it is that is imprisoned there is going to get out soon...

The PCs didn't find out the meaning of his name for quite some time later. We'll get back to him, but not immediately.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Gez said:
I don't know, but Voorkennis is Dutch for "priviledged information." :D

That's amusing on a number of levels.

I wasn't aware of that at all. After the storyhour is over (not anytime soon at all) I'm sitting on a document I typed up randomly that goes into the slow evolution of some of primary NPCs, who they were, name original, how they changed from their original conception etc. Given that it started out as a oneshot game with nothing planned past the Nilesia plot arc, some of them changed massively. Once it killed the game that was on hiatus for Xmas vacation when it started I sat down and had most everything hammered out loosely for the next 2-3 years of metaplot.

Of course, the source of that 'priviledged information' in game ended up being The Lie Weaver. Which itself was an amusing plot arc, but I shall say no more.

Remove ads