Should girls be allowed to play fighter characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Hot_lil_witch said:
My dm says that girls can only play wizards and clerics and classes like that. I want to play a paladin, but he says that only guys can be paladins. Help is that true?

Yes, it's true. In fact, girls can't play any regular PC classes. They have to stay at home and be barefoot and pregnant. They must also cook and clean house. And why isn't my laundry done yet????

Next thing you know someone will say that women should have the right to vote...

1. I hope this is a troll
2. Female paladins are a staple of DnD fantasy, especially those with a unicorn mount.
3. Joan of Arc
4. boadicea
5. Xena
6. And my personal favorite Jill Mills. Granted, she’s not really a “fighter,” but I bet she can kick some a$$! Click here to see Jill dead lift 540 pounds and bench press 363 pounds. Can your DM do that?

Rackhir

Explorer
I second Bloodstone on hoping this isn't a troll.

This sounds like the sort of thing I would expect from a 10yr old boy. How old is your DM?

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
If this isn't a troll, then I say tell your DM to shove it up his wazoo and find a new campaign. Although I know a guy (used to game with him years ago) who refuses to play anything but 1e, refuses to play in a game with female players or read any book written by a woman, and took his masters degree in mathematics and worked for 10 years in a college cafeteria before telling folks the Lord spoke to him and told him to pack up his belongings, quit his job, and move 3 hours away to work as a stocker in a Toys 'R' Us. My point? Your DM is crazy, too.

eris404

Explorer
Bloodstone Press said:
6. And my personal favorite Jill Mills. Granted, she’s not really a “fighter,” but I bet she can kick some a$$! Click here to see Jill dead lift 540 pounds and bench press 363 pounds. Can your DM do that?

I have a new hero. :)

sword-dancer

Explorer
As long as there are no In World or in In Campaign reasons to forbid it.
There are nor rules in the PHB, DMG. or any other Rulebook that reserves any core class for a special gender.
This didn`t hold always true for special variants of the corec classes or PrC.
Some have gender restricted entrances.
Like the guardians of the blue well, 100 female and virgin Order warriors(read paladins more or less).
Or the amazon, soldiers and witches of vanga, only women are accepted into these groups.
Men in these cultures ar at best secon class citicens.
But even these didn`t prohibit the wild men(Barbarians) to fight.
on the same world, the man of gorgan, another Continent, are doing the fighting stuff almost exclusive, but female warriors(not amazons) aren`t unknown, a rarity but definetly not unknown.

It depends mostly by paladins, how he considering their upbringing.
Is it a calling or is training needed.

IMC trainig is useful but not necessary, if you don`t have the calling, all training, all Ethics all sacrifice didn`t make you one.
If you`ve the calling, and accept it, then you are one.
End of dsiscussion.
´Trainign will be very< helpful to get your powers effective, to learn what you could do with them, teach you the finer problems of ethics, and very important get you known.
Known under other Pallys, in the churchs, etc pp.
Only a paladin can train a Paladin.

Dogbrain

First Post
Hot_lil_witch said:
My dm says that girls can only play wizards and clerics and classes like that. I want to play a paladin, but he says that only guys can be paladins. Help is that true?

Your DM is best described by the technical term "poopyhead", because he has obviously scooped out his own brain and stuffed his skull full of low-grade used catbox filler. That is the only way to explain his opinion on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads