• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Should girls be allowed to play fighter characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Krieg said:
Damn! Beat me to it. Paks is the only paladin in print worth reading. :)

Bah! Croaker is the best Paladin EVAR!!four!!!

Oh, whats this? "Paladins must be lawful good, and they lose their divine powers..."

Umm... never mind.

Black Company 4 Life!--EvilE

Last edited:

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Zappo said:
If he's the kind of DM that would apply restrictions based on the player's genre, I'd wager that the idea of a male playing a female character has never even crossed his mind, and mentioning it could provoke a funny reaction. :lol:

Woah! I didn't know players had genres now. When did this happen? Why wasn't I informed?

Dagnab it! Bagpuss, did you forget to memo all of us?

Why you throw chip?--EvilE

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Trainz said:
I have been playing with girls often, and of course, they could do/play/say whatever they wanted.

When I play with girls I institue the same policy...
naughty.txt

Werd!

Move along sir...--EvilE

Wilphe

Adventurer
I don't really have a lot to add that other people haven't said but I'm certainly disturbed by the "Oh My God this is terrible" tone of many of the replies:

Either:

1) Your DM has some old fashioned attitudes, which might or might not be a good enough reason to go find a new one depending on how easy that is for you to find a replacement and any other redeeming features they might have.

or

2) Your DM is trying to run in a world which has occupations clearly delinated by gender; whether this is in attempt to model a quasi-medieval society or for reasons of their own (such as the example of the Aslan from Traveller). Now if it is being done well then you probably have a good DM, it's your definition of well that matters...

Depends if his reasons stack up:

Do male wizards and clerics exist?
If so are there any restrictions on them?
(Like does society think they are "unmanly" for following a womanly occupation)
Can a girl become a fighter if she disguises herself as a boy or man?
- Which has a long tradition in the real world...
What if all your male relatives get wiped out and you are their last hope of revenge - are you allowed to take up arms to avenge them?

EchoScreen

First Post
Bagpuss said:
I fail to see how that example contradicts the first statement.

This statement can be interpreted two ways: Either you see the Catholic church as not being good, or you don't see the connection between priests and paladins. One is insulting and just a bigoted as the Church itself. The other is just being picky; it is an analogy.

Trainz

Explorer
I would like to point out that the OP failed to post a second time in this thread. A lot of replies have been made.

NO OFFENSE MEANT AT ALL, but I'm starting to suspect that the OP and her group are indeed of a low age, and it might be possible that what we are observing is simple immaturity. Surely, it is hard to grasp that a grown-up DM would flatly deny a female player from playing any class she wants based simply on gender.

I am stating all this because I can feel this thread sliding in some dark zone that slowly but surely can turn into topics or ways of discussions forbidden on this messageboard. I in no way wish to patronize anyone, it is not my place to do, but I'd like to give the OP the opportunity to eventually come back to an un-soiled thread, so that she can further explore the topic and find helpful guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads