• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Should girls be allowed to play fighter characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainz

Explorer
I have been playing with girls often, and of course, they could do/play/say whatever they wanted.

I STONGLY suggest that you invite your DM to read this thread.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Trainz said:
I have been playing with girls often, and of course, they could do/play/say whatever they wanted.

I STONGLY suggest that you invite your DM to read this thread.
Yeah so we can apply thumbs screws to him! ;)

Bloodsparrow

First Post
Hot_lil_witch said:
My dm says that girls can only play wizards and clerics and classes like that. I want to play a paladin, but he says that only guys can be paladins. Help is that true?

Everything that I think needs to be said or asked has already been said or asked.

But I'll still say this...

You need a new DM.

billd91 said:
or even, dare I say it, the dreaded rear admiral.

Do I even want to know?

Last edited:

CCamfield

First Post
dungeonmastercal said:
I loved those books!!!! Man...I didn't think anyone else read them!

Fortunately you are very wrong. :) To me, The Deed of Paksennarion is the Primer of Paladin-ness. Go ask how many of the people in the Fantasy/SF forum have read it.

Last edited:

nHammer

First Post
Hot_lil_witch said:
My dm says that girls can only play wizards and clerics and classes like that. I want to play a paladin, but he says that only guys can be paladins. Help is that true?

Please tell me you're kidding. Nobody can be that stupid to say that girls can't play fighters. Now I base my comments on only hearing one side of the story. I don't think anybody should game with this DM.

I also make these comments without reading the replys in the thread. I suppose I'll go do that now. ;)

Bagpuss

Legend
First off if your DM wants to "Rule 0" female fighters out of his game then it's his game to do it in. But can I just clear up are we talking female players can't play fighters or female characters can't be fighters? Can't she just play a male fighter?

What if a male player wants to play a female character that's a fighter is that okay? Also if he makes the character a butch lesbian would that have any bearing on if its allowed or not?

Zappo

Explorer
Bagpuss said:
What if a male player wants to play a female character that's a fighter is that okay? Also if he makes the character a butch lesbian would that have any bearing on if its allowed or not?
If he's the kind of DM that would apply restrictions based on the player's genre, I'd wager that the idea of a male playing a female character has never even crossed his mind, and mentioning it could provoke a funny reaction. :lol:

EchoScreen

First Post
Originally posted by Trickstergod: My definition of Good doesn't include sexism in it.

Contradictory example: Catholic church. No female priests. I'm sure there's plenty of people that wave their holy banner willing to count out women in the ranks.
Of course, that's only if the paladins come from a guild or organized religion. If it is a god-to-person connection, discrimination need not apply. And I'm not Catholic, for those who think I'm proselytizing :0)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads