• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Should I Pick up Madden 2005?

ShrinkyLink

First Post
I've never played a Madden game before, and I've heard different opinions on the series. So far, I've only been playing the NFL Street series, but wouldn't mind something a little more challenging. But is Madden too challenging, the way the old NFL Blitz was?

Thoughts?

Lord Foul

First Post
Madden may seem hard at first, but you can set the difficulty level to novice. You can even go into the menu and set things up so that the game is easier for you and harder for the AI. Then whenyou get more comfortable with the game you can change everything around so that you are competative with the AI but you are not constantly getting blown out.

I have really enjoyed every version of Madden (since my Nintendo days).

Ayrk

First Post
Personally, I'd recommend NFL 2K5. First off, it is only $20. Second, the gameplay is just as good as Madden. Third I found a big gap in Madden between Novice and Pro. When playing Novice I would routinely score 70+ points and the computer would score at most a dozen. When I switch it to Pro the reverse is true and I have a hard time completing a pass. In NFL 2K5 there are four or five difficulty levels so I can find that even challenge.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
JRRNeiklot said:
I boycot anything by EA since they ended the NFL2k series.
I would too but they have the best college football game and being able to import players from college to the pros makes madden the better of the two games. (IMHO)

Lord Foul

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
I would too but they have the best college football game and being able to import players from college to the pros makes madden the better of the two games. (IMHO)

I will second that. It makes the draft something more than just numbers on a screen because you have seen them in action in the college football version.

TBoarder

Explorer
JRRNeiklot said:
I boycot anything by EA since they ended the NFL2k series.

No, they didn't. The NFL did. The NFL put out the offer for a company to be exclusive with them. If EA didn't buy, the makers of the 2K series would've.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads