Should Ryan Gosling Play Drizzt in future tv or movies?

I'm hearing alot of talk about an Oscar nomination for his role as Ken, in a Barbieland society that is really just pinker less sadistic version of Udadrow society, maybe more oppressive in some ways in terms of room for male ambition, because at least a male Drow could become Archmage of the city.

So what about Ryan Gosling as Drizzt, could he pull it off? (Purple Drizzt, not black Drizzt obviously.).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm hearing alot of talk about an Oscar nomination for his role as Ken, in a Barbieland society that is really just pinker less sadistic version of Udadrow society, maybe more oppressive in some ways in terms of room for male ambition, because at least a male Drow could become Archmage of the city.

So what about Ryan Gosling as Drizzt, could he pull it off? (Purple Drizzt, not black Drizzt obviously.).

I don't feel that you really got what was going on in Barbie?

Ryan Gosling can play whoever he wants, frankly, but I don't see him as Driz'zt. Driz'zt is a bit of a loner, and not necessarily thwt charming.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Getting this in before Snarf:

Scene: Ryan Gosling sits upon a precipice in the Underdark, his panther by his side, sharpening his twin scimitars. He looks out into the perpetual night and starts to sing...

Doesn't seem to matter how I play,
I'm always told to stay,
In the Underdark where I can hide, oh-oh
I, I have darkvision and natural stealth
I'm a really great elf
All my life, been out of sight,
But I can see in the truth in the dark of night.

'Cause I'm just a drow, anywhere else I'd be allowed,
Is it my destiny to live and die a life of sunlight sensitivity?
I'm just a drow
You say I'm banned, I don't see how
What will it take for the DM to see the main character my PC is meant to be?

No.

Let me expand on that: hell no.

HAT replaced Drizzt with Xenk for excellent reasons, which haven't changed.

But even if that was not the case, it's hard to think of anyone who would be more miscast. Dame Judi Dench perhaps.

Don't think Gosling is emo enough for Drizzt. Maybe Noel Fielding?

Drizzt isn't emo or a loner, he's the exact opposite of that, don't confuse being alone at times in your life because of tradegy with being a loner and Drizzt is too much of an optimist to be Emo, he's Ome.

I mean the dude manage to make friends while lost in the Underdark even.

Where does this idea of Drizzt as dark, brooding, emo loner come from, because it's not from the novels, have you folks read any of them?

At this point the dude is a loving father with a wife, surround constantly by friends, and well respected by his community, wtf is the emo that?

You might as well accuse Santa of being Emo.

Remove ads