Should Ryan Gosling Play Drizzt in future tv or movies?

I have no interest at all in a Drizzt movie

Xenk however was very cool

Xenk is cool, in a square sort of way, but Drizzt is the license to print money.

That being said I want real sword version of Xenk's sword. I'm surprised they don't just hand Xenk over to RA Salvatore to add to his Drizzt characters.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I’m not really expecting a Drizzt movie to ever be made. I expect Wizards will do their level best to avoid Drow in movies as much as they can. Simply too problematic to use in media intended to reach non-gamers and too much of the gamer community is too problematic to accept changes to make Drow palatable for the general public.

Xenk is cool, in a square sort of way, but Drizzt is the license to print money.
You really do live in a geek bubble don't you!?

The handful of hardcore nerds who actually care about Drizzt care so much that at least half of them are guarantied to hate any possible interpretation of the character.

Best way to use Drizzt in movies or TV:

Adventurer A: "where did you get those cool scimitars?"
Adventurer B: "Oh, I killed some rando dark elf and stole his stuff."

That being said I want real sword version of Xenk's sword. I'm surprised they don't just hand Xenk over to RA Salvatore to add to his Drizzt characters.
I think that was Xenk's design. He's the deus ex machina who comes in strictly to solve issues and then walks off. ... over the rock in his way because the character was always on autopilot.

Zardnaar

Legend
Drizzt isn't emo or a loner, he's the exact opposite of that, don't confuse being alone at times in your life because of tradegy with being a loner and Drizzt is too much of an optimist to be Emo, he's Ome.

I mean the dude manage to make friends while lost in the Underdark even.

Where does this idea of Drizzt as dark, brooding, emo loner come from, because it's not from the novels, have you folks read any of them?

At this point the dude is a loving father with a wife, surround constantly by friends, and well respected by his community, wtf is the emo that?

You might as well accuse Santa of being Emo.
Sojourn novel kinda

You really do live in a geek bubble don't you!?

The handful of hardcore nerds who actually care about Drizzt care so much that at least half of them are guarantied to hate any possible interpretation of the character.

Best way to use Drizzt in movies or TV:

Adventurer A: "where did you get those cool scimitars?"
Adventurer B: "Oh, I killed some rando dark elf and stole his stuff."

Drizzt novels have sold MILLIONS of copies, so they aren't just a handful.

I’m not really expecting a Drizzt movie to ever be made. I expect Wizards will do their level best to avoid Drow in movies as much as they can. Simply too problematic to use in media intended to reach non-gamers and too much of the gamer community is too problematic to accept changes to make Drow palatable for the general public.

Nothing trumps money, and Drizzt makes money, heck they manage to stuff Drizzt into Silent Gods: Dragon Heirs and that isn't even a D&D game nor is if set in the Forgotten Realms.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Nothing trumps money, and Drizzt makes money, heck they manage to stuff Drizzt into Silent Gods: Dragon Heirs and that isn't even a D&D game nor is if set in the Forgotten Realms.
The release with Drizzt is a licensed D&D crossover promotion. And again, targeting RPGers is very different from putting it in a mainstream movie.

Remove ads