Sialia's New Deck

Sialia

First Post
Ok, so happens this one was very nearly done when I got pulled away, so it was quick to finish up and post.
Every Deck of Many Things should have one of these, right?

Edit: Mercy, I am out of practice. I forgot the background mosaic. Adding.

Attachments

• death.jpg
    death.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 95
  • time.jpg
    time.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
I can't take credit for these two.

The Scampering Chaos saw what I was up to and wanted a chance to do some of her own.

I'd have drawn them differently but I can't argue with the concepts: "bridge" and "wings" are pretty cool concepts for cards.

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 121
  • wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 117

Sialia

First Post
I'd forgotten how much fun these are. And how tricky.
Like doing puzzles.

Attachments

• castle.jpg
    castle.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 108

Sialia

First Post
Frog.

Edit--I felt --for symbolic reasons--that the Frog ought to be leaping in instead of leaping out. So I made a second try at this. I think I still like the composition of the first one better, but it depends on the dweomer which one really works best.

In the "leaping in" case, the frog stands for "metamorphosis." (as in from tadpole to frog, or transformations having to do with certain princes.)

In the "leaping out" case, the frog is a symbol of resurrection--as in places where frogs bury themselves in dried out or frozen mud to get through a difficult season, and then re-emerge when things are warm and wet again.

Either symbolism makes for a pretty good card dweomer, I think.
What would you do with this in your campaign?

Attachments

• frog.jpg
    frog.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 96
  • frog2.jpg
    frog2.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
Salmon are symbolic of wisdom gained by making mighty leaps against nearly insurmountable obstacles.

Also, they're good eats.

Attachments

• salmon.jpg
    salmon.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
Ok, Salmon is better now.

Also presenting the new frame.

Much as I love the old frame, too much of it is borrowed for me to be entirely comfortable claiming it as my own work.

The new frame--although perhaps not quite as lovely--is 100% rendered by me, with no stealing bits from anywhere.

At some point I'm going to go back and swap the new frame for the old in all of the finals.

Last edited:

Gulla

Adventurer
These are all godd. Unfortunately I'm on holliday, so more detailed comments must wait a week or so. I want to see these on a proper monitor :)

Håkon

Remove ads