• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sidewinder - Back In The Saddle

Joe listens as the old man answers Luke's questions, wondering if he has ever moved cattle for the individual mentioned by Wilcox.

"I'm willing to go up there and look into things, Mr. Wilcox," Joe says, before the old man can answer Luke's last question. "I don't know about the other folks here but what's happening up there sounds fishy enough to warrant investigation and if your grandson doesn't belong there, he should be brought back."

bkmanis

First Post
"I'll go with you, it does sound fishy to have so many accidental deaths. It wouldn't hurt to go and have a look around." Sam responds to Joe.

maddmic

Explorer
OOC:
Sorry all, it seemed like every day I was trying to post, the boards were down.

IC:
"Well Sir, what can you tell us about this big cattle man? Even if he doesn't have anything to do with your family's problems, it sounds like he's the real power up there," says Luke.

"Not much I'm afraid. Seems like nobody wants to talk about him, at least not outside of their town. I'm guessing though that he is in fact a man of influence up there."

Turning to Joe and Sam, he nods. "My thanks to the both of you. Things are truely strange up there. What about the rest of you? What do you all think?" He then turns to Luke, Joshua, and Redwolf, waiting for their answer.

Max

First Post
Luke thinks a bit more. He then asks the inevitable question, "Well, sir. Sounds like it could be a tricky problem. What exactly are you offering us, to bring your grandson home? My Pa always told me to get the deal straight and clear, so there isn't any confusion later."

maddmic

Explorer
The man looks at all the others in the room. He focus then returns to Luke. "Let me ask you this son. What is your time worth? I cannot put a price on my grandson, it would be wrong of me to do so. The one thing I can offer is steady employment after this "mission". Now, I'm not saying that's all I'm offering. Just something should you boys need a proper job once you all get back." He then bows his head and continues. "Seriously men. What do you want? I may not be able to provide you the world, but I can give you enough to do this job 100 times over. As you can see, I'm not poor. I would offer a figure, but I'm afraid that my emotions would cloud my judgement in this matter."

"Right now, all I'm askin' is for enough to get me from here to there and back again," Joe says. "As I said, this is a strange enough story to bear investigation. I'll go up there, check it out and bring back your grandson if I'm able. I'll just need enough to get there and back and for any provisions that might be needed for the trip."

Last edited:

bkmanis

First Post
"Right now, all I'm askin' is for enough to get me from here to there and back again," Joe says. "As I said, this is a strange enough story to bear investigation. I'll go up there, check it out and bring back your grandson if I'm able. I'll just need enough to get there and back and for any provisions that might be needed for the trip."

"I'll take the same, it sounds reasonable." Sam volunteers. "Besides it's hard to set a reasonable price without knowing the risks involved. If it's ends up more then going and picking the boy up and bringing him back then we can talk price."

Douane

First Post
"Ah'll do this," Joshua replies, still leaning against the wall and thus keeping some physical distance, "but not fer yer money and most certainly not fer yer offer o' employment. Ah'll bring yer boy back but Ah'll do it fer reasons o' my own."

"Oh, and don't count mahself among yer men, fer Ah'm not."

Max

First Post
Toric_Arthendain said:
"Looks like there are three of us ready to go. What about you, Luke?" Joe asks the man who posed most of the questions.

Luke slowly nods his head. "I'm in. I'll need some expense money too. I guess we can figure out the rest when we get back," he says, with a bit of a frown.

Pa always said get the money up front, but it is a little kid ....

OOC: I'm on a family vacation next week. I'll have my laptop, however my gaming time will be limited. If you don't hear from me, assume Luke is tagging along with the majority.

Remove ads