• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

Patlin

Explorer
Round 2 Concludes
Planus fires off two shots, dealing a total of 34 damage to the the Barbarian that had charged him.

Round 3 Begins
Charlarn rushes in, provoking an attack of opportunity. AOO v Charlarn (1d20+14=21, 2d8+10=25) Charlarn barely dodges out of the way, and strikes the Barbarian for 5 damage.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Status
Charlarn (Bless)
Zaeryl's Construct
Zaeryl (Bless, Inertial Armor)
B1 (Confused) 22 damage
B2 (Confused) 16 damage
B3 (Tentacles) 25 damage
B4 12 damage
B5 24 damage
B6 39 damage
Iggy (Bless)
Planus (Bless) 25 damage

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3 Continues
Construct attacks (1d20+15=22, 1d8+9=17, 1d20+15=16, 1d8+9=14, 1d20+15=35, 1d8+9=17) Crit confirm and extra damage (1d20+15=32, 1d8+9=12)

Zaeryl's construct lashes out at its target, hitting twice and dealing 46 damage. B3 crumbles to the ground, where the tentacles continue to squeeze him into a bloody mess.

[Zaeryl is up]

[sblock=ooc]We didn't account for damage from the tentacles, but as the last hit was a critical I believe it would all work the same. I accidentally attributed the first rolls to Zaeryl, rather than to "DM Patlin" -- sorry about that. Also, I think I forgot to remove the charge bonus to attack from the construct, but it didn't alter anything.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Actually, I didn't want it to attack the one you had it attack. It's going to move to the four squares including G12 and H11 as opposite corners and then hit B5. I'm not sure why you rolled before I said what I wanted it to do, but I'll certainly take the crit and apply it to B5 ;))

Patlin

Explorer
SRD said:
As a free action, you can mentally direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions

Just trying to keep things moving, and I believe the last instruction given was 'attack b3.' You can change targets if you would like, but you will have to re-roll the attack(s). Please post an action for Zaeryl at the same time, and I'll post the NPC actions ASAP.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm? It's a free action to give it new commands. For the future, I will be giving new commands every round. Anyways, There was a crit but there was also a natural 1, so I don't feel too bad about rerolling.

19, 30, and 26 to hit. 15 damage for each that hits here)

*Zaeryl takes a step to the right and fires at the Barbarian with a Crystal Shard, figuring that the charge and Rage will cancel out the penalty for firing into melee. He fires at the right side of the beast so there is no cover.*

(OOC: Touch Attack 19 for 8 damage. 1 PP spent. here)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

Round 4:
Charlarn grimaces at his glancing blow. He gathers himself and unleashes two swings with Goruksblain (1d20+7+1=11, 1d20+2+1=16) and follows that up with a swipe with his shield (1d20+5+1=22). The mystic hammer hits the blinded lizardman for 6 damage and drops it. The magic shield connects and deals (1d3=1) +1= 2 total damage. "Blast it. These things are tougher than I thought."

AC 19, 20 vs. B6
HP 50/50
bless in effect: Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: We're not waiting on Iggy, are we? I was thinking I needed to know what the lizardmen would do before I could post his action.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: No, I'm pretty sure the delay is my fault. I usually pick up threads that need an update by checking where they fall on my subscription list. With subscriptions down, I lost track... thanks for the bump!

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3 Continues
The construct dashes over to attack B5, hitting 3 times for a total of 45 damage. Having allready been hit by the lightning bolt, B5 goes down!

Zaeryl causes a bolt of sharp crystal to appear and skewer (need new target!) for an additional 8 damage.

[sblock=OOC]
Rystil Arden said:
*Zaeryl takes a step to the right and fires at the Barbarian with a Crystal Shard, figuring that the charge and Rage will cancel out the penalty for firing into melee. He fires at the right side of the beast so there is no cover.*

SRD said:
If your target (or the part of your target you’re aiming at, if it’s a big target) is at least 10 feet away from the nearest friendly character, you can avoid the -4 penalty, even if the creature you’re aiming at is engaged in melee with a friendly character.

You can avoid the penalty, I believe. Moot with a touch AC that high, though.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads