• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sigil, A Fresh Start

Legolizard

First Post
The street is busy with the other beings starting their days, a group of githyanki pass you with their noses in the air, your company has been told before not to feel to insulted by this because githyanki look down on everyone. Then you see the Drunk Lillith sign before entering you move out of the way for a beholder to leave, as it passes, you feel a slight jutter because of it's anti-magic eye.

Upon entering you see what would be a reggular tavern with unregular customers and employs. All the wenches are lilliths and the bar tender seems to be human. The rest of the tavern has a asortment of creatures, from humans to what looks like something from the far realms.

"so you are the metal men that I hired me. " you hear from the bar.
You see a human about 5.10 round face brown hair . He is wearing a brightly patterned shirt of regular adventuring cloths, goggles and gloves that seem entirly too big.

"the Names franklin, I'll be your guide " he shakes the person in fronts hand. "any thing you need to know about Sigil I know, ANything you want to get I know were to get it, and if it isn't here it doesn't or shouldn't excist.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Forged grasps the mans hand tightly and leans far too close for comfort. "We are not men... we are Warforged. Do not insult us again. I might choose to ignore you, but the Lord of Blades might demand otherwise." he releases the human's hand crosses his arms. The first lessons are always the hardest. I do hope this one survives his lessons.
"Quite an interesting menangerie here." He looks at the others in the group. "Seeing as how some of us are not interested in becoming labor, why don't you show up the local guilds and halls of power & influence."

He looks at the others again. "Is that satisfactory or do any of you have a better idea?"

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Self puts his hand on Forged's shoulder, "Now, now, Forged. I don't think he meant it rudely. I do not think he will make this mistake twice." He turns to look at the guide, "Pleased to meet you, Franklin. Do you have any tips while we make our stay here?"

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Buck steps toward the guide and adds

"Also, the names and locations of any orginizations that would be interested in hiring us on a case-by-case basis. We aren't looking to enter into any long-term contracts right now...I think many of us have had it with indentured servitude."

Legolizard

First Post
"sorry then, didn't mean to offend." "As for organizations, ever since the Lady of Pain as outlawed the guilds from having any power, their prety much just clubs nowadays, so signing up is only a minor fee and realy no oplication then just respect to other quild members. Also all jobs that do go through the guilds go through go to members first."

he takes out a small book and starts reading some notes of his.

"Ok then, your leader has already given me a adress to bill your membership fee if you do choose to join guilds, May add it is worth it, I myself belong to the guide, warlock and artificier guild and the links I have maid with them have saved my behind on many occasion. Lets see here, theirs a gladiator guild, rogue guild, wizard guild, seekers guild (bards), Sorcerers guild, order of the negative and order of the positive for clerics and many others. All are within an hour rail ride from here"

He pauses for a sec and contemplates.

" But now that you mention it, there was a job that a friend of my has for anyone willing, yea, the old drunk just left when you steped in. Now I know what your thinking, Hes a beholder, but a pretty good individual, nothing like your typical beholder, but he does drink a tad too much from time to time. Yea, he didn't give me much details about the job other then that his son has gone missing. But the poor fellow wont be awake for awhile till he gets that rum and ale out of his system. So might as well tour the city for a bit. Any ward you want to see first or any guild?"

Jdvn1

Self shrugs. "Well, I was thinking if we could stick together, that'd be advantageous. Although if we each join respective guilds, then we'd get more connections and be able to get a larger variety of jobs. I suppose... is there a monastery or some such guild for those who specialize in fighting with their bodies? That might be more suited to my skills."

He pauses after a brief consideration, "You said these are more like clubs? Is it easy to get out of a guild once you join, then?"

Legolizard

First Post
"hmm, yea, I guess so. You don't get a refund back but yea you can leave.
and for the fist fighting clubs, take your pick, theres at least one for each style, but there is the Steel Foot Monasary in the Ladies district, realy out of place right next to mansions, thats a good place to start."

Jdvn1

Self nods, "Sounds good to me." He turns to the others, "Any of you guys want to come to see what it's like? Y'know, educatoinal purposes."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Hammer nods in agreement.*

"Definitely Self, though I also want to take a look at the Seeker Guild, and the mission for the beholder sounds very interesting. We should keep our options open," he says, and turns to follow Self.

Remove ads