Signs You're An Aging Gamer

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Convo at the table: "So this Broadcast super power only lets you transmit to TV and radio? Do people still use those? Can I transmit to cell phones or wifi spots?"

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
-Back in my day, we use to roll for magical items! Now kids have them in the PHB, they feel entitled!

-Mubbling in ear.

-5th!? Back in my days, editions lasted wayyyy longer! Now kids view editions like they watch TV, they just flip through channels without checking what is playing.

-More mubbling in ear.

-What do you mean TV is dead? What is this internet you are talking about? I didn't read that in the newspaper.

-Sigh and then mubbling in ear.

-Newspapers are dead too!? Damn you, kids! Damn you to hell!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
You are a older gamer when you still have more printed products than PDFs

You still think the first edition succubus is hot art!

You use your medication bottles at the game table!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
you have read the books listed on D&D recommended list before they were recommended.

you are a very old gamer IF you know Gen Con was held at a Playboy Resort, you are a lucky gamer to be there. :) (I was not there)

You are an aging gamer if your books are older than your children.

You are an aging gamer if you have used this line to pick up girls: "I roll for encounters!" or "I roll for adventure" or such. :eek:

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
You use your medication bottles at the game table!
I actually do this. When my dice bag finally ripped beyond all recovery (and I only had the thing for a mere 35 years!), I started carrying my dice in a large plastic medication bottle with the labels removed. And then I added my own label, which reads:

CAUTION: USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
May cause emotional extremes, especially when a d20 comes up as a natural "1" or "20" during especially important rolls. Fireball dice must be handled with care; if a burning sensation persists, see your physician at once. For external use only. If swallowed, induce vomiting - but nobody's going to want to count that die's result, so prepare to reroll.

Johnathan

Remove ads