• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silver Bullets Chapter 1:L'Arruolamento

Lichtenhart

First Post
Imerak said:
Monique

The recruiter shrugs. "Did I say I wouldn't see you again? If I did, I didn't mean it. Anyways, your office will be at this location." He pulls a pad of paper out of his pocket, scribbles down an adress and "Room 201." "Is there anything else you would like to know?"
Monique flashes another of her beautiful smiles.
"You keep asking me that. Maybe you're hiding something to me? Let me ask you: is there anything else I would like to know?"

Imerak

First Post
Andrew

The club is fairly busy, with several people dancing and chatting it up. Andrew spies the man who approached him earlier out of the corner of his eye, sitting at a far table and drinking quietly, seemingly oblivious to the people around him.

Roger

"All right, but you'd better back up these promises of high pay," the new man is saying to the recruiter. He has raven-black hair and looks to be in his mid-twenties, with a somewhat greasy face Roger identifies his accent as American. "I mean, I've got a lot of stuff on the go at home, all right."

"Not so good with the listening, I see," the more familiar man asks, chuckling.

"Huh?" the black-haired man says, then turns around to face Roger. "Oh, hello. I didn't notice you there."

Cyrus

Cyrus reaches New York and gets on a boat. It seems to be a fairly regular-sized passenger boat, though the rooms are a bit cramped. The first couple of days of the boat ride are uneventful, with Cyrus mostly keeping to himself and thinking about recent developments.

On the fourth day of the trip, Cyrus is standing outside on the dock, relaxing, when he is approached by a tall, Hispanic man. The man is wearing a crimsom trenchcoat, but his bald head is clearly visible. "Hello," the man says slowly, a thick Arabic accent coating his voice. "Would you be Cyrus Wolf?"

Monique

The tall man chuckles. "My, my, you're quite something, aren't you. I can tell you'll fit right in here. What do you want to know? Judging by your history, I'm guessing you don't want to be tied down to a desk job, so you want to know how much commitment this requires. Well, that depends on you...you can take as many or as few missions as you want, as long as you have time for all of them. Commitment is not as much of an issue to us as loyalty. I hope you will find reason to be loyal, Ms. Delacroix."

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Hello," Roger returns with a smile, "it seems we have a fellow acquaintance." he says indicating the mysterious gentleman. ~Knew it, like white on rice...~

DrZombie

First Post
Jean-Jacques drives his shoddy renault to the adress, parks it and heads out to the the "office".

He presses the buzzer and smiles to where he thinks the hidden camera is.
"I don't know the secret knock, if that is what your after, but I think the password is "guignol"."

Jarval

Explorer
Andrew makes his way over to his contact, doing his best not to bump into anyone with his luggage. He takes a seat at the table, smiling at the man.

"Hey. So, I hear they're going to make a new Lone Ranger TV show. They're going to give him silver bullets and everything."

Awakened

First Post
Imerak said:
Cyrus
Cyrus reaches New York and gets on a boat. It seems to be a fairly regular-sized passenger boat, though the rooms are a bit cramped. The first couple of days of the boat ride are uneventful, with Cyrus mostly keeping to himself and thinking about recent developments.

On the fourth day of the trip, Cyrus is standing outside on the dock, relaxing, when he is approached by a tall, Hispanic man. The man is wearing a crimsom trenchcoat, but his bald head is clearly visible. "Hello," the man says slowly, a thick Arabic accent coating his voice. "Would you be Cyrus Wolf?"

Cyrus assumes that this well-dressed man has seen the hole in his jeans and is looking to make sure Cyrus isn't a stow-away. Somewhat annoyed, Cyrus replies "Yes I am. What's the problem?"

Lichtenhart

First Post
Imerak said:
Monique

The tall man chuckles. "My, my, you're quite something, aren't you. I can tell you'll fit right in here. What do you want to know? Judging by your history, I'm guessing you don't want to be tied down to a desk job, so you want to know how much commitment this requires. Well, that depends on you...you can take as many or as few missions as you want, as long as you have time for all of them. Commitment is not as much of an issue to us as loyalty. I hope you will find reason to be loyal, Ms. Delacroix."

"Keep me entertained and you'll have no trouble keeping me loyal. Right now what entertains me is that you seem to know all my names, while you haven't got any. But I sure am one who can appreciate a bit of mystery."
She smiles again then nodding to the piece of paper she asks: "Is that far? How would you like me to go there, and when?"

Imerak

First Post
James

Starting up here again...

The building's appearance is not as expected. It looks more like a school than an office. It's three stories high and appears to be somewhat old.

James ring the buzzer. After a moment's pause, several clicking sounds are heard, and the door opens.

Jean-Jacque

Jean-Jacque arrives at the building quickly. It looks surprisingly like a school of some kind. When he rings the buzzer, there are some clicking sounds, and the door opens.

Roger

"Hello," the shadowy man says. "Mr. Thorton, right? Glad to see you could make it. This is Mr. Derryk Hide. He's a new recruit like yourself."

"Hi," Derryk says, offering Roger his hand.

Andrew

The stranger chuckles. "Are they now. Well, I'll be sure to watch it." He pauses, seeming to look Andrew over. "I haven't met you before. Ah, yes. You must be one of the ones Jack contacted over the Internet."

Remove ads