Silver Marshes Campaign (Game Closed)

Crimson Tide

First Post
One arcane caster....check.

Again, no rush as I plan to kick back and enjoy the 4th before I get too serious on things, so please do the same..:)

gabrion

First Post
Sounds good Crimson. Just so I know before putting a character together though, what all books are you allowing. I'm assuming most FR material is allowed, but what about Complete Series, Races Series, Dragon, UA, XPH, etc.? Also, what kind of power level are you looking for from characters? I assume since it is 30 point buy you don't want anything too ridiculous, but I've found it's always best to find out before putting together a character.

Right now I'm thinking about playing a 6th level wizard heading for Fatespinner (if allowed) or a Wizard 5/Incantirix 1, but that may change. If someone else really wants to play a primary caster then I will be happy with something else.

As for the holiday thing, it will be busy for me, so the character probably wont be complete until Tuesday. I'm sure this wont be a problem, but just thought I should give a heads up.

Edit: LOL...looks like someone just took the caster spot. Oh well, I've got a ton of ideas so I'll just work out something else. Still kind of a caster type, but if you are allowing psionics I would like to play a Psion (Shaper) 6. Let me know if this will be allowed.

Last edited:

Prof Yeti

First Post
Groovy probably go with a tank type. Never played one in FR. Haven't decided on race yet. May try something exotic. I will think about it over the holiday and shoot you a idea later.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I'm contemplating a forest gnome druid who found himself drawn to the North. Though shy, he has enjoyed helping those around Silverymoon keep the forest peaceful and healthy. He willingly works with the Knights of Silverymoon, though he doesn't often enter the city.

Alternately I was thinking of a fighter/ranger/Knight-Errant of Silverymoon, or a wood-elf fighter/ranger heading toward Peerless Archer.

Harvey

First Post
Since I have traditionally been the one that fills either the tank or the cleric slot, I'll go for cleric on this one :) Besides, haven't played a cleric in FR and there are so many cool deities to choose from...

Tyreus

First Post
Crimson Tide said:
Tentative group

Isida-?????
Gabrion-????
Wgreen- (Wizard) ????
Harvey-????
Prof Yeti-????
Shaggy-????

I will take two more alts as well in case RL makes someone step down.

What about me? :(

Crimson Tide

First Post
Sorry about that Tyr...I added you in as I wanted to be fair to everyone who showed some interest from the get go. I think I can wing the seven group, but as it is more than I have ever done before, I hope everyone is patient with me during this test run.

As far as the books go, I have most books and am not against anything from Dragon/other sources. However, I have never gotten into the psionics thing, so if at all possible I would prefer to stay away from that. However, if you really have your heart set on it and can convince me to buy the book over the weekend, I will reconsider it. Although, I must warn you, I am a broke graduate student who does not part easily with his money..:)

On the power level, I know to a degree we all have our inner munchkin, but to be honest, I would like this game not to be too heavily munchkin-ized. That being said, I have no problem with a solid build, but would like well rounded chars, not 20 str and 8s in everything else. Call it a personal preference if nothing else.

I am pretty open minded when it comes to most things, so feel free to throw different concepts at me from the Races/Complete/x material books, but I do stress that while I will find a way to work it in the game, it may not always be to the benefit of the char.

A lupin by any other name still looks like a werewolf at first...

Edit: I penciled you all in as the first tentative ideas you had, minus the psionics (sorry still about that), but if you have your heart set on a char build, go for it. If we wind up with 7 arcane casters, so be it, but it might get tough from time to time. All in all, I just want to try to run a good game for you all and let you play what you would like.

Last edited:

wgreen

First Post
Crimson Tide said:
However, I have never gotten into the psionics thing, so if at all possible I would prefer to stay away from that. However, if you really have your heart set on it and can convince me to buy the book over the weekend, I will reconsider it. Although, I must warn you, I am a broke graduate student who does not part easily with his money..:)

Well, do keep in mind that the psionics rules are all in the SRD. See http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/psionic.html (or your favorite version of the SRD).

Still your call whether to allow it or not, of course. But you wouldn't NEED the book. :)

-Will

Crimson Tide

First Post
While they are in the SRD, I guess I will have to just simply admit that I don't like psionics. I have no problem with the people that do, but for me, they hold no real appeal. I do feel like I am cheating you guys/ladies, but I would prefer, for right now at least, no psionics.

*braces for the rotten fruit and veggies to be thrown this way*

Harvey

First Post
Crimson Tide said:
While they are in the SRD, I guess I will have to just simply admit that I don't like psionics. I have no problem with the people that do, but for me, they hold no real appeal. I do feel like I am cheating you guys/ladies, but I would prefer, for right now at least, no psionics.

*braces for the rotten fruit and veggies to be thrown this way*

Oh, I definitely sympathize. I've banned psionics on my table-top game for years, mainly because one of our players always built a munchkin psion who would be able to drop baddies in a round. Some psionic powers are too powerful...

Remove ads