Since when are Character Sheets are "useful additions"

Voss

First Post
I went from notebook paper to scratch-building excel sheets that were actually laid out in a manner that made some modicum of sense to me.

Xsjado

First Post
Last world DnD day I used the quick reference character sheets as a guide to produce a custom pdf form version. I'm still kicking myself for deleting it. I'll probably end up doing something similar if I can be bothered to spend the time. The 4e character sheets in the PHB don't look that great if I'm honest.

Then again, someone with a lot more skills will probably beat me to it and post it on the internet.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Cadfan said:
I believe they meant this to mean that official character sheets are useful additions, in comparison to notebook paper.

That may be true, but then D&D Miniatures are also useful additions. Then again maybe 4e doesn't work as well when using hand painted Reaper minis or Fiery Dragon counters.

Alkiera

First Post
Honestly, I've been thinking of going the Power Card route for powers, and using a DDM-style layout for cards for the PCs. Your 'character sheet' is then a deck of 8-20 cards, and contains most of what you need to play. Feats mostly seem to provide passive bonuses, skill mods can be listed on the back, or on a second card. I think it might help with the transition to see D&D in a new way.

Remove ads