• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 3: Shelter From The Storm

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirio grabs the keys and makes his way to the cells, unlocking the one with the monolith and the one with the prisoner... "There is no way I'm strong enough to push or drag that thing, you think you can do the honours Bannock?" He then looks at the prisoner and speaks to him gently "Hey, no one will hurt you anymore... you're free to go, and I would if I were you. You can follow us if you like..." Knowing they do not have time to tend to him, he casts CLW with the wand once and then turns to go...

Gregor

First Post
"I have no idea Arnir, but obviously not alot." She says. "The storm was already wreaking havoc on the city when we left and that was over two hours ago. I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm just pointing out that we could already be out of time, so why not press on and expand our search?"

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirio sighs "Arnir, will throwing the orb into the lava destroy it? If so, will that negate the storm raging outside?" Kirio starts leaving the chamber to continue the search for Lee "We can talk as we walk, there's plenty of Lava in the entrance hall..."

digimattic

First Post
Arnir winces again, harder this time, as he walks along beside Kirio in bare feet and pants burned off up to his knee. His singed, scorched, burned and holed cloak trails behind him.

"It likely should destroy the orb, it's just glass after all, but I'm not really sure what that will do...let me think...and since when did you start thinking about the impact of things?!"

Gregor

First Post
Arnir, pretty much anything will be destroyed if it is immersed in lava, unless it is made from some very special material. The orb is clearly made from glass. However, you do not know whether the destruction of the item will end the storm as there is a component of the item, the wand, which you have not examined. In short, your understanding is incomplete.

Its value is also radically unknown due to you only holding 1/2 of the item. Your wild hazard of a guess places it at around 7,000gp.

Last edited:

digimattic

First Post
Arnir shrugs softly "I honestly can't say if destroying it will end the storm...not without the wand....I can tell you it's worth at least 1000gp for each of us though! Seems funny that despite all their power, the entire lyceum could be potentially destroyed by a glass orb."

fromage67

First Post
Lars asks Kirio to heal him.

Lars starts searching. He checks out all the cells, and then he returns to the room with the green vat and he checks the east wall outside what should be the room with the rune door.

Remove ads