• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus Group A)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The sounds of the struggle continue inside the house and you can hear the robbers trying to make it out the remnants of the rear door. The true question is whether or not it is time to flee, and if so to where?

Dekana

Explorer
I think our next destination will be Morty's seer friend, since we want her help finding Kareus. Although I'm not thrilled about walking around the city in broad daylight... I don't suppose there's a sewer system underneath the city to get around in?

farmboymdp

First Post
Morty decides that the best answer is to flee. He casts grease on the 10-foot square just outside the rear door and replies to Devian, "Come, I know the way. We'll have to stick to back alleys, but I think we can make it."

Deuce, I assume Morty knows a way to the Fate Weavers? If any kind of sewer system is available he'd be more than happy to take it, it might even give them an exit in case Megara doesn't feel especially helpful.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The 25th of Yearsend Month, 7:36 AM

The party runs away from the gathering crowd and back into the back alley behind their now badly damaged home. One of the robbers seemed close to getting out, but slips on a patch of grease and gets grasped in the jaws of an angry crocodile and pulled back into the house.

Luna spots a sewer cover and lifts it with Kaeso's aid. The group climbs down more than 10 feet down a chute with metal rungs and finds themselves ankle deep in horridly-smelling murky water. The tunnel that they are in continues in a north and south direction, although as Davian closes the cover above them the tunnel becomes washed in darkness and little more detail, such as in distance before branching corridors, can be seen.

OOC: Need a light source and how the party plans to navigate to the Rivergate District from here without a map.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Davian sighs, Why exactly did I come down here? I'm not wanted. He looks at the other three in the darkness, Anyone have a torch?

ooc: Serpentine Owl............. can see in the dark?

farmboymdp

First Post
"Not precisely, but you'd be surprised what a bit of shadowstuff can get you..." Morty replies while beginning to cast shadow evocation. He pulls out his inkpen and shapes shadowstuff around it until the shadow condenses at its tip, where a heatless flame appears.

Morty is casting shadow conjuration mimicking continual flame, which he is applies to his inkpen. The description for shadow evocation does not mention the material component cost for any mimicked spell; to me it seems that, because it is an illusion, there would not be any, but that is for Deuce to decide.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
At Morty's command a heatless flame appears on top of his ink pen, illuminating the corridor you have found yourself in. One stretch of it goes north before ending in a T-intersection 60 feet away from your current position. The southern stretch of it goes for 100 feet before bending to the east. Little of this seems to matter, however, as the sewers are a series of catacombs that are difficult to navigate even with a map. One thing that you do know is that the Rivergate District is north and slightly west. You are adventurers, however, and you could, of course, wing it...

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Luna, feeling a bit uneasy stops. I feel....

Luna makes a Listen check. Lissten: 31
She is also consitently looking in all directions. Spot or Search: 28

I can't quite pinpoint but something is wrong here.

Dekana

Explorer
"Hmm? Not afraid of the dark, are you Luna?" But Kaeso had over time come to trust a woman's intuition, and also tried to perceive any threats. (Spot: 19, Listen: 17.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads