• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Size Changing Dog?

CrazyNinjabeast

First Post
Ok, I'll be completely honest here, I love the show adventure time. And as I was watching it the other day I decided that I was going to try and get a "Jake the Dog" for my character. I thought long and hard about it, I could only think of one way to pull it off, that was with a Permanently enlarged mimic (Huge sized) then give it an item of holding. This is because mimic can not reduce their size out of their current category, so he could store his extra goop or whatever he is made of in there. Which would allow him to appear as a medium or smaller creature. I think that would work, problem being that mimics are really hard, unlike dogs which are soft....

Anyways call me picky, but aside from epic level spell casting to make polymorphing an on command permanent spell, does anybody else have any ideas?

P.S. -- No haters, I know it's I dumb idea, but I want to try it anyways :p

xigbar

Explorer
Not directly, no, but it could take class levels, and you could make it into a build that specializes in size changing.

xigbar

Explorer
ok, so what should I do to enable size changing, this is where you lost me :p

Well, that depends. If you want to out right change sizes, I'm pretty sure there are classes with some limited growth, shrinking abilities, and the aforementioned Druid can Wildshape into Huge Elementals at higher levels.

CrazyNinjabeast

First Post
sorry for asking about specifics, but what dog, type/subtype/class or whatever works can all size changing abilities (please note that the size changing dog would be a animal companion or a cohort type of deal)

Sekhmet

First Post
Two rings (animals can wear them), one of Enlarge Animal and one of Shrink Animal/Diminish Animal, whatever.
He would, of course, need to be intelligent enough to use them (Awaken).
This way he has three sizes - Tiny, Small, and Medium.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads