• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Skirmish Damage and Manyshot

Atavar

First Post
Hey there,

Let's say a scout moves and then uses a standard action to fire multiple arrows using the manyshot feat. If he hits then does the extra skirmish damage apply to one arrow, to each arrow, or to some but not all arrows? Why?

Thanks,

Atavar

Zurai

First Post
Manyshot, from the PHB, is a volley attack and specifically states that only the first attack of the volley can crit or deal precision-based damage (sneak attack, sudden attack, or skirmish damage).

Greater Manyshot, from the XPH, specifically allows crits and precision damage on all attacks.

Torack

First Post
The Skirmish Damage only applies to the first arrow. Why? Because the feat description under special says so.

Special: Regardless of the number of arrows you fire, you apply precision-based damage only once. If you score a critical hit, only the first arrow fired deals critical damage; all others deal regular damage.

Atavar

First Post
My player has greater manyshot. My mistake was not requiring two attack rolls for two arrows. She applied skirmish damage to both arrows, which was the mistake I thought I made but actually didn't.

So, I was wrong about what I was wrong about. Eh, we still had fun.

Later,

Atavar

Remove ads