Slaves of the Dragon (orsal judging)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
katherine rejoins the groups as it heads out of town. She has aquired a shortbow and a slim leather sheath to hold her wand more securely while leaving it readily accessable. She tosses Rika a sack filled with hard bread, dried fruit and jerky as she climbs in the wagon, hitching nibbles to the side to force him to follow along. "If anyone lacks for a ranged weapon, I have a spare crossbow now," she offers with a grin. "It was weighing me down too much. So, Jakub, you seem to be taking quite an interest in our little quest. Was your heart touched by Sina as ours were, or do you see a trade advantage in more free cities?" She looks at the map. "Is there another small town closer than the ones marked? We should probably find a safe place tomeet back after our seperate scouting missions."

Knight Otu

First Post
"It's more or less both, Lady Katherine. I cannot deny that I'm a bit selfish that way, but recently, the public image of merchants declined among the people. But only someone without a heart could not be touched by Sina's story.

We'll take the route over Allimon. About half-way between Allimon and Grenton is another small village. There we can meet after the scouting and plan accordingly, but we must be careful. Remember that Sina said that her village was not the only one under that dragon's control.

Rika, Thanyvan and Quarion, Planus and Veras-Re have decided to scout the surrounding area. I'd say that the rest of us, that is, if you will take me along, should best be scouting Grenton itself. That ok?"

Pbartender

First Post
Thinking back to the location of the village indicated on the map, Jack considers the slowing-cart merchant's wagon rumbling down the road. "So, Mr. Jakub, it'll take us, what... About a week and a half at this pace?"

"Better make yourselves comfortable," he calls to the passengers of the wagon, "Looks like it'll be a long ride."

With time on his hands, Jack takes Rover out to make occasional forays into the countryside. Whenever they return, Jack has something fresh to cook for dinner... A brace of rabbits, a couple of ducks or hens, sacks full of various fruits or vegetables, even a basket of eggs and a wheel of cheese, once. Evidently, Jack's ideas about what constitutes 'hunting and gathering' are a little bit more inclusive than most.

Nevertheless, Jack cooks it all together and shares it out once camp is made at the end of each day.

OOC: If it's alright by you, KO - Between Jack (+2) and Rover (+5) Taking 10 on Survival checks to 'get along in the wild', they should be able to find enough food along the way to provide one fresh meal per day to everyone... Or all the food to feed Jack, Rover and three others.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"We can pick up a few horses in my stable in Allimon, but not enough for everyone. It may be advantageous to give them to the people who want to scout the wilderness, I think?"

fuzzy

First Post
"That sounds like a good idea. We should probably split up before we enter the dragons territory, though. I would think that all of us together looks more like a attack than a merchant caravan."
Rika looks at the forest around them.
"Actually, horse might not be the best idea. They're harder to handle in the forest, and most of us don't know how to fight from horseback. We should probably expect a lot of traps. Kobolds are known for dirty tricks, after all.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Farid stetches back, "Well, a horse might come in handy in case you had to escape quickly. Surely, they're faster than being on foot. Do we know roughly where the dragon's territory might start?"

jayaint

First Post
Thanyvan looks from face to face as all of the details are being worked out. He is giddy with anticipation, yet shy enough to just stay quiet. He knows he is on the wilderness-scout team, and that is good enough for him.

Velmont

First Post
"As I said, I prefer to be in the village rather than the wild. I am more familiar with people ways than animals." she reply to the merchant, playing with her snake in her hands.

OOC: Opale will go into town with Katherine, if Opale is still there. I suppose so, as you said nothing.

My post will become regular from next week-end, after I have visited Tumbuktu.

Opale will take teh crossbow if no one has taken it.

Remove ads