• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Small Beginnings - Final Update 6/18/04, ITEOTWAWKI, AIFF!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Sweet! (Oh, and sorry about the poetry ;))

And I really like the sound of "Pack's Heroes."

Excellent work as always.

Dawn

First Post
Yea! An update, and a long one at that.

I like the side-bar discussion happening between Meepo and the other kobold. Cloud Council – cool method for group discussion. Did you physically use that with your players?

Black Bard

First Post
Great update!!! A nice twist in the original " Sunless Citadel" ...

BTW, is Meepo really going to give Aurora some dice ??
Are they going to play D&D on the Cloud Council?? :D

fett527

First Post
Hey everyone! Enk, dshai527, Aurora, Bubbalicious and I had a great time at the Ohio Game Day this past Saturday. Both Enk and dshai ran games and the rest of us played all day. Here's a link to thread with pictures Ohio Game Day Report with pictures.

Also, I have updated the Rogue's Gallery with a post on that beast of the North-Orloff the Bear. Go check it out!

By the way, LiVeWiRe, are you still out there? We had hoped to meet you at the game day.

Ashy

First Post
Truly magnificent!! I loved the alternating stories, it really, really worked well as a plot vehicle! :) And the story just can't be beat. A question, however:

The the DM or the player running Theo come up with the idea for the Cloud Council - truly awesome idea!! :)

And, Ashrem should have gotten the door - he's the one who likes them so much! ;)

Enkhidu

Explorer
Ashy said:
The the DM or the player running Theo come up with the idea for the Cloud Council - truly awesome idea!! :)

I'll field this one.

When reading Small Beginnings, it's always good to remember that this account is based on events that happened in the game. This means that sometimes (as in every now and then) things happen in slightly different orders and in slightly different ways that we played them in game. In the case of the Cloud Council, we actually did have a round robin discussion like this, where each person got their turn to speak their mind. However, we weren't quite as formal as the Cloud Council is described in the story hour. So you could say the idea came as a group creation, with the players actually doing it and the writers formalizing it.

dshai527

First Post
Yeah, what really happened had much more screaming, yelling, twizzler attacks and name calling. At one point a ninja starcrunch was even thrown and Enk's lil debbie cakes were smashed before the DM could restore order. No, wait, that was high school.

Really it was very similar except that the circle continued over and over until Ashrem (Fett) told Ander (ENk) to call a vote. We didn't feel the need to write that much dialoge so we condensed it, and gave it a funky name. Then I smashed Enk's snacks. Aurora really did stun them all with her roleplay at this point though, she made me so proud that day. *Sniff* What more could a husband want?

Last edited:

Remove ads