Smashed world casting call - finally running

Dalamar

Adventurer
History:
A couple of centuries ago, the world was a happy place. All humans, elves and dwarves lived together in peace and nobody was rejected from anything because of his profession or race.
Then the undead came. They swiped over the lands, destroying almost everything. The civilized races got almost destroyed in the war but were able to retreat to a secluded valley surrounded by mountains. The valley vasn't perfect, but it kept everybody alive.
Wizards and psions tried to find a way to drive the undead away as the clerics and paladins prayed forgiving from their deities. Fighters and barbarians tried to fight back the lands they had held as the druids and rangers tried to make the land they had prosper. Monks secluded themselves to the mountains, hoping that if they don't care about the undead, they don't care about them. The arts of tale-telling have all but disappeared, and they don't hold the magical feeling they used to. Rogues went underground, trying to evade all that was happening.
The factions started blaming each other for the fact that the undead had come and taken over all the land. A bitter war started.
The war resulted in the land beeing almost destroyed, leaving burned soil and almost no water. The factions formed their own kingdoms: fighters and barbarians to the northern part of the valley, wizards and psions to the south, clerics and paladins to the east and druids and rangers to the west.
In the middle of the valley resides a lake. A river to each kingdom runs from it, giving the necessary water for life. The kingdom of rogues resides somewhere under the lake in hidden tunnels.

Game info:
This game will be co-DMed by me and GWolf and the world is of our own design. We are looking for players, optimally 5 or six.
The races available are human, elf and dwarf.
Classes available are barbarian, cleric, druid, fighter, monk, paladin, psion, ranger, rogue and wizard.
Multiclassing is only allowed within own kingdom (i.e fighter/barbarian, cleric/paladin etc.) except in the case of rogues who can multiclass to one kingdom (and should to not blow their cover).
We are hoping for one character from each of the kingdoms but that is not totally necessary.
Character generation info when I have time to talk with GWolf.

Last edited:

GWolf

First Post
Let the Games Begin

Characters Are Level 4. 4,000gp starting gold no item over 1,500. 80 points to put into stats.

reapersaurus

First Post
Do you really think that 4 levels is enough to properly represent the high-powered PC's that would be the leaders (or representatives) of their entire kingdoms?

I'd be pleased to represent the cleric/paladin faction, with a big mad-on to eradicate the deathless abominations from the face of the land, but it would be more realistic (and fun, i think), if we tried just one In-Character game with higher-level PC's.

What do you think?
Is there a reason why you want to keep it low?
If we go up to around 8th-10th, we can have interesting PrC's that not many of us get the chance to play.

Darkwolf

First Post
I am interested in playing...I would be glad to cover the druid/ranger kingdom.

ok...so your six stats start all at 3. We have 80 points to use to raise the stats? Is there a cap?

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
so what kind of representing are we going to do for our kingdoms?

What kind of adventure do you guys want to have?
Low-fantasy?
That's being done a LOT in the IC Adventures.

If we up the power of the PC's, wouldn't a more epic saga unfold, and it would give us some actual power with which we may be able to affect the outcomes of the war, etc.

Again, is there a particular requirement that you guys want to satisfy by keeping the levels low in this epic-sounding custom world?

Dalamar

Adventurer
you're going to be the 'faces in the crowd' so to say. You are anybody and yet you are YOU. (Wow, that sound good, gotta use this more often :D)

Technology is pre-firearms, but a profesional could come up with explosives.

Maximum ability score before racial adjustments is 18.

Good that you asked Reapersaurus, I forgot to put this in the starting post because I made that up as I wrote it:
The biggest reason for this is to see the characters grow and evolve. You are not 'representatives' of your kingdom, you are a person who, for one reason or another is bored to the warring amongs the races.
Likeminded people tend to gather together, so it is in this case also. You are people from all the kingdoms and you have decided that you nedd more, more than just the infinite fighting that helps in no way to rid the world of the undead plague. You have decided to go out of the valley other call 'the whole world' and form your own kingdom, kingdom where prejudice against your profession does not exist.

Last edited:

Remove ads