• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smashed World, part III

Zack2216

First Post
"Thank you for your time." Well, now to find a butcher. "Do you know where I can find a butcher?"
I will search out a butcher.

Jarval

Explorer
"But we'll make sure you get plenty of practice with that blade your father's given to you before we get into any real fights. As long as you can keep a cool head, you should be fine." Lorcan reassure Chendra.

"As for what we'll run into first, I really couldn't say. Half the enjoyment of traveling is never knowing what's over the next rise."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Aye, there's a butcher just down the street. You can see the sign from here if you look real carefully. Why you lookin' for one? Getting that big, flying... animal of yours butchered?"
Tserof moves a few feet away from the berry seller, despite the dwarf's joking tone. And indeed, Haplo can see the sign of a butcher hanging a distance from him.
At the butcher's, he is greeted by, surprisingly, a female elf.

Chendra frowns at Horros. "Are you always so cynical? I'm starting to feel like you're here just to make me feel bad."

Zack2216

First Post
"Good afternoon, I'm interested in purchasing some fresh legs of meat. I'm thinking, one weeks worth for my companion here," referring to my dire bat. "He eats about twice as much as a normal man. Could you give me an estimate?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
Haplo
"I'd say you're looking at giving me fifteen silvers in exchange, honey."

Others
Chendra glares at Horros for a moment, but then turns her attention to Lorcan. "So who is going to give me combat training? Don't tell me it's going to be him."

Jarval

Explorer
"No, I'll be training you." Lorcan says hastily, hoping to smooth over any problems before they start.

"But Horros is right, any fight is dangerous. Until we've given you a though grounding in how to use that sword, and preferably a bow as well, it would be best for you to hang back from any melee we may find ourselves in. There's no shame in running to live to fight another day."

(OoC: I'm going to be away from EN World until the 23rd. Sorry about any problems this might cause, but I've got quite a build up of RL stuff to deal with :\ )

Dalamar

Adventurer
Haplo
"Sure thing", the elf says as she starts filling a sack. In a moment, she hands it to you. "Thanks for coming, and please come again."
You find your friends in no time.

Others
"I'm glad it's you! Just give me a few days and I'll just as well as you do! Okay... Maybe a couple of months..."
Just then, Haplo comes back.
"Are we now ready to leave?" Chendra asks.

Zhure

First Post
Durban

"I believe we are indeed ready to leave," Durban says. "If I might suggest Miss Chendra, should fighting break out for some reason, maybe you could concentrate on using a missile weapon of some sort? I could teach you to use a sling if you'd like.

"The danger will be slightly lessened for you and we won't have to spend nearly as much time concentrating on protecting you, which we're likely to do until we're more sure of your capabilities."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads