Smashed World, part III

Zhure

First Post
Durban

Durban tries to hide his amusement at Chendra's discomfort.

"The conditioning takes awhile to set in, Miss Chendra," Durban says as they embark.

Dalamar

Adventurer
You set up camp for the night. Everything goes without any greater hitches, though Chendra almost manages to burn her bedroll as she sets it too close to the fire. Luckily Horros saves the situation, gaining a thank you from Chendra, who seems somewhat annoyed by the fact that it was him who saved her.

The night also passes without incidents, though Chendra awakens to most of the sounds of night animals. When morning comes, Chendra doesn't exactly look like she had a good night's sleep.

Zhure

First Post
Durban

Durban makes no mention of Chendra's lack of fire safety. He tried to do his brief morning meditations a little ways away from the camp to avoid any questions from her this morning.

After they're back on the road again, Durban will try to speak to either Lorcan or Horros discretely.

"Is there any way we can travel in circles for a few days? I'd like to be close to the city should Chendra have a change of heart. Maybe we can get off the road and head into some really hilly or mountainous country for awhile. That might turn her away from this idea."

Horros responds to Chendra's compliment with a short scolding about safety making her feel even worse, and after the incident he keeps an eye on her until she goes to sleep.

In the morning just before they are about to head out Horros asks from Chendra just as he promised, "Are you still determined to go through with this?"

When Durban makes his question:

"We might if we had a solid reason. Is there something behind the hills that we could use as an excuse for a 'short cut' through them?"
Horros thinks for a moment and then adds, "On the other hand staying on the road would be a lot safer. Maybe we could just travel a shorter distance each day for a while."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I sure am!"
While she looks tired, she also has a look of determination. Whether that is determination to do as she wants, or to prove Horros wrong, is not clear.

Zhure

First Post
Durban

As an aside to Horros: "I think that might've been the wrong thing to say to her, my friend. Maybe we can do an exploration of the hills."

To Durban, "Probably was, but I'm not the one for tact.
"Exploring the hills seems a solid although somewhat corny idea. Maybe there's an ancient tomb there, but seriously what are the chances for that."
Horros smirks, "Actually all we need is a good storm. Maybe our druid companion can arrange that."

Jarval

Explorer
"Chendra has chosen to travel with us, and I think trying to trick her is rather unworthy." Lorcan says to Durban and Horros. "If we're not allowed to make choices for ourselves, where is the point in being alive?

"She'll toughen up in a few weeks, and I don't think she's going to change her mind. She seems a strong-willed young woman, and I doubt a few bruises or sleepless nights will alter that."

Dalamar

Adventurer
Noticing the three talking with each other, Chendra rises higher in her saddle.
"What are you whispering about? Is there a monster around, and you don't want to let me know?"

Remove ads