• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smashed World, part III

Dalamar

Adventurer
"But how am I to learn to properly handle myself if not through experience? A training situation isn't the same as facing a vile enemy for real!"

"For now training is good enough for you. It won't teach you the right attitude, as it's only learnable on the field. Technique on the other hand can be learned to a great extent on training grounds."
Horros sighs, "Unfortunately we don't have the time to train you properly, and ready or not you will face your battle eventually. I just hope you have the sense to survive it."

Dalamar

Adventurer
So which way are you headed? Straight out of the town and on the road so you can more faster, or inside the Coast as long as it stretches (quite far)?

Zhure

First Post
Durban

"The main road does sound a lot safer, and we don't really have a reason to be discrete at this juncture."

Dalamar

Adventurer
The group proceeds to leave the Coast and the safety of its walls. Chendra is greeted on many accasions as you move through the city.
Once outside, there is the undeniable feeling of space as the horizon reaches farther than you can see. The road stretches ahead, soon braching off to different directions. You take the northernmost branch and ride along.

Day turns into evening as the sun is starting to disappear from your view. You can't spot any would look like a better spot to rest for than the one next to it.
While Chendra hasn't voiced it, the experienced eye can clearly see that she hasn't been exactly comfortable in the saddle for the past couple of hours.

Zack2216

First Post
"Don't worry Chendra, you'll get used to it, all in due time."

"We've all seen travellars that couldn't handle this. You've already made the first step to being an adventurer." A little lie never hurts when it boosts confidence.

OOC: Once we stop to rest, I would like to prepare the necessary amount of Preserve Organ spells to preserve the meat I'm carrying for another day, and feed Tserof.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I'm NOT having second thoughts!" Chendra straightens her back and takes a more stern look on her face at this, but it doesn't really manage to hide the fact that she isn't used to sitting on a saddle for so long.

Remove ads