• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smorgasbord characters

mypetrock

First Post
What is the most poweful build that you could come up with using one level of 20 classes and a race with LA+0?

My thought is that you would want to start with as many melee types as possible, then add sneaky types, and finally add casters with useful first level spells. I'd go with

Fighter
Paladin
Knight
Ranger
Duskblade
Dragon Shaman
Barbarian
Swashbuckler
Samurai
Crusader
Swordsage
Warblade
Hexblade
Scout
Rogue
Spellthief
Pyshic Warrior
Favored Soul
Cleric
Wizard
Sorceror

What would be better?

mypetrock

joshjurg

Explorer
well I doubt the usefulness of a single level in spellcaster at that high of a level - but one thing is certain - with the right domains, you could get all of your spells in one level of cleric - or cleric druid at most. I would also drop those sneaky classes - at that level, their skills could not have enough ranks to hit the dc's you would need to. This also keeps you to a STR/CON/WIS character.

Corsair

First Post
To actually stay useful I'd stick to +1 BAB classes and Prestige Classes unless the first level of a 3/4 or 1/2 class gives you something really awesome.

pawsplay

Hero
We did this recently, but I ended up suggesting a level 20, +20 BAB build that wasn't too bad. Too much bAB loss without high level abilities has a watering down effect. That said, you'll have great saves and skills. As a 5th party member, it might be doable, especially if you can stay stocked in wands.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads