Sniktch's Story Hour - City of the Spider Queen (Updated 04/25)

Sniktch

First Post
Cliffhanger

And that catches us up to the end of the first session. I like to leave my players hanging, thirsty for the next session. Unfortunately, that means I have to leave you, gentle readers, hanging as well. We won't be playing this game again for another 3-4 weeks, but I plan on posting the character sheets, etc...

I'll post the next session as soon as we play again, and if Artimas and I can get our notes together we will start another thread to post the early adventures of the group. I hope you all enjoy the story - we certainly had fun playing it! (Except Jack, who actually fell asleep on my porch in RL after refusing to help fight the vampires - his loss, I figure)

Harp

First Post
Now THAT was a fun read, ended all too soon. Great characters, high adventure, and exceedingly well written. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Out of curiosity, did you see these characters all the way up from first level?

Sniktch

First Post
Welby Hilltopple

Thanks Harp. I promise more is coming, but I can only update this thread as often as we play, which is not enough I'm afraid. As a matter of fact, we did see the characters up from 1st level - this game started just a couple of months after 3E came out. The characters are only 10th level due to our slow speed of play and a short hiatus we took after their last fight, which was with HySharr, Wyrm of the Lake (from the WotC site).

Welby sent me his sheet today, so I can post him now. This is as he was at the beginning of the adventure. Here goes:

EDIT: character sheets moved to Rogue's Gallery

Last edited:

Bob Aberton

First Post
Cool storyhour.

When you mentioned Artimas' "grisly feast," did you mean he was actually eating the dead? Or did I take the wrong meaning from that?

Sniktch

First Post
Grim Feast

Thanks, Bob. Artimas was casting a necromancy spell called "Grim Feast." I believe it comes from Relics & Rituals. It lets the caster drain corpses' vital essence for a return in hp.

Sniktch

First Post
Artimas Sendant

Artimas has had a charmed life, beginning with the roll for stats (we still roll 4d6 and discard the lowest die), which left him with 4 16’s, a 15, and a 12. Poor guy. This has continued with hp - I have never seen Artimas roll less than a 3 for a wizard advance or less than a 7 on a priest/master of shrouds level up, and I’ve watched every roll. Some guys have all the luck, but we think he sold his soul for this one:

EDIT: Character sheet moved to Rogue's Gallery

Last edited:

Jinx

First Post
Quinn Hammerknell

Quinn Hammerknell - Female Dwarf Cleric 10
Align: LG Height: 4'3" Weight: 156 Eyes: Green Hair: Dark Brown Age: 67
Str 14 Dex 8 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 21 Cha 6 HD: 10d8+20 HP: 90 AC: 21 (10 -1 Dex +11 armor +1 deflection) BAB: +7/+2 Init: +3 Attacks: Flaming Morningstar +10/+5 Dmg d8+3+d6(fire), Light Crossbow +6/+1 Dmg d8
Saves: Fort +11 Ref +4 Will +14 Move: 20'
Skills: Appraise +4 Concentration +15 Heal +13 Jump +4 Knowledge(religion) +14 Listen +8 Search +6 Spellcraft +4 Spot +8
Feats: Weapon Focus (morningstar), Improved Init, Spell Penetration, Extra Turning
Languages spoken: Common, Dwarven, Orc
Possessions: +1 dwarven plate of light fortification, mw large steel shield, +1 flaming morningstar, periapt of wisdom +4, vest of resistance +2, wand of cure moderate, ring of protection +1, silver holy symbol, bedroll, winter blanket, flint & steel, 2 light hammers, 1 flask of holy water, belt pouch, backpack, traveler's outfit, waterskin, 1 flask of acid, 1 tangle foot bag, 1900 gp, scrolls: divine power, detect thoughts, 3 restoration, 2 magic circle against evil
Spell DC: 15 + spell level
Spells per day: 0) 6 1) 6+d 2) 5+d 3) 4+d 4) 4+d 5) 3+d
Clerical Domains: Earth, Protection
Turn/Rebuke: 5/day, -2 check mod.

Last edited:

Sniktch

First Post
other characters

Jinx, I'm pretty sure Quinn has +1 dwarven plate of light fortification and a +1 flaming morningstar, to be specific.

I got a sheet from Jack but it has several mistakes and a couple of omissions (like his domains and equipment!), so I need to talk to him before I post it. I'm still waiting for Malobar to send me his, and Grick said he would post his own.

I'm making remarkable progress in writing up the early adventures of our fellowship. I've finished writing up our first session ever, which was all RP, but I will wait to start posting until I have the second session (our first actual adventuring) done before I start a new thread.

Jinx

First Post
I've editted Quinn's sheet to be more specific about her armor and weapon. I also added a couple small items that I had previously overlooked.

Leave it to Jack to fall asleep in the middle of putting his information together, and to Malobar and Grick to procrastinate.

Good job on putting the adventure into words so far. Looking forward to next time!

Broccli_Head

Explorer
praise!

so far I really like the story. too bad you guys don't play the game but once every 3 weeks.

I am really intrigued by the characters especially, Artimas & Malobar.

I may have to also look up the Drunken Master prestige class!

Looking forward to more!

BH

Remove ads