• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So do I really only have 76 posts?

bowbe

First Post
I would tend to believe I only have 76 posts... in that I post infrequently, usually with a large post saying everything I need to say and im not a flame meister like some. (Come to think between the 3-5 boards i'm a member of, I prolly have under 1000 total message board posts since 2002.)

I'm curious due to the fact that the last 2 posts I put up there are both listed as 76. It was on the "Taking Prisoners" thread in the general discussion area.

Anyhow thought I would bring this up and this seems to be the place to do such things.

Case

bowbe

First Post
Never mind, guess the problem was my brain. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on and how your counter works. Sorry for wasting your time.

Case

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, with this posting you now are showing 77! [No, that really isn't meant to be s snarky as it could sound!]

Every post you make will show your current total. So, it isn't like the site keeps track of which post you made in which order. {Although it probably could by just sorting through the time/date stamps} Rather, every one of your posts reflects your current total!

EDIT: You just barely beat me to the button!

EDIT 2: And 78, FWIW ... :D

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Although it WOULD be neat to have say [Posts: 1 (4,029)] so you could tell the order of your posts and which one was your first!

bowbe

First Post
Thanks for the quick reply to my "non problem". Hahaha!

I guess I really don't post that often anywhere.

2 years on Dragonsfoot 45 posts

5 years here. 78-79 ish posts.

5 ish years on TLG. 115 on their new one, under 100 on the old one

5 going on 6 years at Necromancer Games 1006 posts and I've done the lions share of my work for them so that makes sense I guess. :cool:

3 ish Months on Piazo 3 ish posts.

Almost a year at Kenzer... 3 ish posts.

3 ish years WOTC boards... maybe 10 posts. I find all of the above friendlier and read them more often.

I guess I have more than 1000 but not by a whole lot haha. Anyhow again sorry for wasting your time and thanks for the reply to my human error. :)

Case

Michael Morris said:
If I Recall Correctly posts made to the off topic forum don't count - so if you spend a lot of time there...

Well that's...odd. Any particular reason for it, other than to hold back the post count of the hive?

LightPhoenix

First Post
Deset Gled said:
Well that's...odd. Any particular reason for it, other than to hold back the post count of the hive?

To prevent people from spamming the off-topic board in order to raise post count, which happened frequently enough to enact the countermeasure. It works in theory at least, since post count spamming has still happened since.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
LightPhoenix said:
To prevent people from spamming the off-topic board in order to raise post count, which happened frequently enough to enact the countermeasure. It works in theory at least, since post count spamming has still happened since.
Right. Smart folks now spam Meta.

What? -- N

Remove ads