• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, druids are powerful, eh?

Moon-Lancer

First Post
I tend to not use that many summons becuse it tends to give the dm too much work. Although if I really need to i will summon to save my party or myself, but mostly I avoid it. Although I am not denying thbe power of summoning at all.

Legildur

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
I tend to not use that many summons becuse it tends to give the dm too much work. Although if I really need to i will summon to save my party or myself, but mostly I avoid it. Although I am not denying the power of summoning at all.
I was always conscious about exactly the same thing, so I copy and pasted from the SRD into a table all the available critters and adjusted their abilities/stats/skills etc for Augment Summoning feat so that it is on hand and ready to go. I also did an abbreviated form (basic battle stats) for my Wildshape options. Speeds things up considerably.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I feel sorry for all DMs who feel they MUST run the summoned creatures themselves. :) I let the player handle it, and the player is the one who has to keep track of the stats, just like a long-term NPC companion.

dungeon

First Post
how a druid is good in a dungeon

well... being a druid is tough, its like being a paladin but of nature. mostly for the druids transformation if you turn into an animal do it just to get away or to give some cover for your friends. and try to stratijize before you go out adventuring. ( when you get your wolf make sure that its in good hands and don't let it die.) a true druid never lets his pets or friends get hurt and or killed. ( cover for them! be the big hero!):D

:) remember... "cuz if you don't you will never explore the dungeon":)

if you like my slougun or just want to talk email me.:cool:

Scion

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
I have tweaked this character so far, that I’m thinking of scaling it back. I think I’m stepping on the fighters toes, and I didn’t mean for it to happen, but he is a new player and picked some pretty bad feats, and doesn’t seem to want to change them because he doesn’t want special treatment. But I have a feeling he is going to hate me soon for being a better fighter then he is and the ability to cast spells to boot.

First of all, he is playing a fighter. Ouch.

Second of all, he didnt pick his feats properly (which is par for the course for a new player). Double ouch.

I would suggest talking with the dm. See if you can work something out to get psychic reformation or something similar cast/manifested on him (limited wish would work). This would allow him to redistribute all of his skill points and feats appropriately (as in, he does his character over again from level one and repicks things as he could have at the time).

Have him and the dm, and possibly yourself and others, come up with and/or find/modify a prc out there for him so that he can get a better emphasis in whatever it is he wants to do.

Now his character should be 'much' better off.

After that, cast some of your buffs on him, help him flank, that sort of thing.

It should work out ;) (so long as your dm is open to such things and useing enough suppliments to get a good feat selection and the player knows more about what he wants now... sometimes a tough list to aquire).

Moon-Lancer

First Post
the wish thing is a good idea, i will ask the dm. Something big is coming up in the campaign so their may be room. i have coxed the dm to let him go into knight protector for 3 levels to get that cleave were one can take 5 feet of movement before cleaves. I also feel some of the problem is the way the player plays the fighter. I don’t think he fully knows his options in combat or for purchasing eq. So far he is pretty rich but hasn’t enchanted his shield or armor, so his ac is only 18 or 20 depending on if he wears his ring of shield. I think I might just remind him of his options over and over. the dm forgets theses things because she is so focused on the story that other things tend to slip past her.

thanks.

Scion

First Post
remember to cast barkskin on the poor guy now and then ;)

It sounds like the only way to 'equalize' the two characters at this point would be for you to take your next 10 levels or so as a commoner. I think you are better off helping him out in little ways here and there!

Have the wizard put magic weapon on the guys weapon and have the cleric magic vestment his armor and shield.

That should get him much closer to par.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Plane Sailing said:
Monkey Dragon - one of your most powerful combat tactics will be proxy fighting. Summon natures ally and send them in, and where possible animal growth them.

Summon Animal: Elephant
Animal Growth
Trample
Repeat

(This works great with wildshape as an eagle/hawk (extra AC bonus for being small), flying around the battle field and using Natural Spell.)

lukelightning

First Post
Apes are only vaguely humanoid in shape. Though they can stand on two legs they are primarily quadrepeds, and their proportions are very different from a human's. I would definitely say they are not considered humanoid for purposes of armor and weapons. Ape hands are not suitible for wielding weapons.

mikebr99 said:
I hope you only paid x2 for your Ape's armour... as they are humanoid in shape, and large. ;)

Mike

Remove ads