So even the brain dead can graduate grade school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janx

Hero
Well, that depends. There are various ways to use the internet to perform assessments. Webcams and such are very helpful, and it's possible to provide mental health services through telemedicine/telehealth methods. There are certain assessments that can be conducted through a webcam, as long as you have a trained administrator with the subject.

In any case, trying to diagnose someone based solely on an internet forum post is unethical, if you are seriously trying to diagnose the person. You certainly couldn't charge the person, and you definitely shouldn't try to treat the person.

I think there's also a difference from observing that somebody's behavior is kind of socipathic, than declaring that somebody has a medical condition based on some forum posts.

I'm too lazy to look up the definition for sociopathy, but my internal impression is that it includes an element of cruelty. My pet sociopath likes to take out bike messengers who ride on the sidewalk because it is illegal to ride on the sidewalk and when a cop is called, he gets off scott free while the bicyclist gets a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads