• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So I made an Encounter Builder and Monster Index

smartmonkey

First Post
Awesome spreadsheet, thanks for sharing.

It might be nice to have room for multiple encounters within the same sheet.

Thanks

I'm thinking about figuring out a way where you could "publish" an encounter to a seperate sheet with space for half a dozen or ten encounters with XP totals and page references, etc. No idea how to do it yet.

Nick Baigle

First Post
hey smart monkey i really like what you have done with this and im so glad you wrote the warnings not to edit the yellow but i was wondering how you did all that math cus i would love to recreate and tweak it for other versions instead of 5 maybe for 4 or even 2 also ive been adding the monster manuals 3.5 v1-3 and 4th v1-3 and ive also been adding the hp

smartmonkey

First Post
hey smart monkey i really like what you have done with this and im so glad you wrote the warnings not to edit the yellow but i was wondering how you did all that math cus i would love to recreate and tweak it for other versions instead of 5 maybe for 4 or even 2 also ive been adding the monster manuals 3.5 v1-3 and 4th v1-3 and ive also been adding the hp

I spent a lot of time with the IF( function, and a lot of nested IF('s. If you unhide the data sheet (where all the tables and assorted calculations are laid out, albeit super messily because I'm lazy) you can check a few of 'em out. Combine IF with INDEX and you're able to look up XP caps for parties at all three sizes, for example.

Gothhog

First Post
Hi,
Found a bug in the Datas tab:
Cell Z2 should be :
=OM(Y2=1,1,OM(Y2=2,2,OM(Y2<7,3,OM(Y2<12,4,OM(Y2<15,5,OM(Y2>14,6))))))

(Or else an encounter with 15 creatures gives wrong calculations)

jaffab

First Post
Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add my own thanks.. its a great tool. I really hope you dont mind, but I have taken your builder, and expanded it with a few more sheets from other resources - I have added a 5E spells list, a character tracker for DMs, a random treasure generator, and a random crate/barrel contents generator (with 2000+ random items) - but the start was your original encounter builder.

My version if you want the extra bits is here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0hk2r6lipv7m3w/DnD Helper Sheet.xlsm?dl=0

jaffab

First Post
All,

In case anybody is reading this and uses my s/sheet, a new version has been posed on the above link. A new TAB which generates a random NPC with name, stats, weapons, flaws, equipment, etc. Based on the '1000' NPC character sheet list, but with the additional elements from the Dungeon Master Guide.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads