So I order a quarter pounder BTL at McDonald's the other day.

Who says I was trying to reinforce your behavior?
There would be no other purpose to providing a gold star contingent on answering your question.
And who says I want you to answer my problem?
You posted the question. It would be odd to post question on a forum that you do not want answered.
You got the answer to your question once you figure out simple addition.
You're assuming that I calculated the answer.
That should be reward enough, no more gold stars for you!
It isn't. I prefer money.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
You can't eat value and speed. I wonder, then, what people go to McDonald's for. The burgers, mayhap? I wonder ...

They could buy those at the grocery store and make them themselves. What you're paying for is service. You are paying someone to make that burger for you. And what you are taxed for is service (in states where tax on food and non-food items vary).

I have to say, they fail at both. The food is overpriced for what they give you.

This I can agree with.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
They could buy those at the grocery store and make them themselves. What you're paying for is service. You are paying someone to make that burger for you. And what you are taxed for is service (in states where tax on food and non-food items vary).

What are you paying them to make for you? Oh yeah, burgers. Almost forgot there for a second. ;)

Zombie_Babies

First Post
The majority of people I see there are buying coffee. I go for the filet-o-fish and my younger son goes for the chicken nuggets. Round and Round...

And what's the plural of anecdote? Oh yeah, burger. Wait ...

But anyhoo, they had signs that said 'over a billion sold'. What have they sold over a billion of and decided to make that part of their marketing? Let's go to the board:

Coffee: Survey says! Bzzzzzzz!
Nuggets: Survey says! Bzzzzzz!

Uh oh, only one more X before you have to pass. Now let's think this though carefully ... what has McDonald's sold more than a billion of and were proud enough of that to make it part of their marketing?

Burgers? ... Survey says! Dingdingding!

ZB's right again! The crowd goes wild! Aaaaaahaa! Ahhhhh!! Ahhhhhhhh!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Wait! I know the answer! its 42! 42 is the answer to life, the universe, to everything! yes? A 2 kilogram gold ingot for me?Yes??

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
But anyhoo, they had signs that said 'over a billion sold'. What have they sold over a billion of and decided to make that part of their marketing? Let's go to the board:

Coffee: Survey says! Bzzzzzzz!
Nuggets: Survey says! Bzzzzzz!

Uh oh, only one more X before you have to pass. Now let's think this though carefully ... what has McDonald's sold more than a billion of and were proud enough of that to make it part of their marketing?

Burgers? ... Survey says! Dingdingding!

ZB's right again! The crowd goes wild! Aaaaaahaa! Ahhhhh!! Ahhhhhhhh!

'Over a billion served' does refer to hamburger patties (so two if you order a Big Mac). But that is more of a tradition carried on their signs than an actual current marketing push. You could tell because once they hit a billion they didn't bother to keep counting. They changed their focus at that point and have left burgers as a mention to nostalgia on their signs ever since.

Remove ads