So I order a quarter pounder BTL at McDonald's the other day.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
McPeople extra crispy. Not very healthy considering how fat people who eat at McDonald's are.

Except for the teacher that lost weight eating there. Or all of the other people that fall outside your overgeneralization. Or people that eat there occasionally as a guilty pleasure, but otherwise follow a healthy diet. Or people that make healthier choices when they do eat there. Or... OK I'll stop.

It certainly is easier to get fat eating at a fast food place, but it is no foregone conclusion.

McPeople extra crispy. Not very healthy considering how fat people who eat at McDonald's are.
[sblock=Lies!]
obese-kid-mcdonalds.jpg

[/sblock]

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Vyvyan Basterd said:
Except for the teacher that lost weight eating there. Or all of the other people that fall outside your overgeneralization. Or people that eat there occasionally as a guilty pleasure, but otherwise follow a healthy diet. Or people that make healthier choices when they do eat there. Or... OK I'll stop.

It certainly is easier to get fat eating at a fast food place, but it is no foregone conclusion.
I've looked extensively at McDonald's nutrition info, and I'm surprised at how non-bad their food is compared to the negative hype people give it. Hell, an egg McMuffin is only 290 calories -- equal to most bagels. A *Big Mac* is only 550 calories; add a small order of fries, and the meal is a total of 780 calories. Not bad for a main meal.

Harley Pasternak: Can You Lose Weight Eating Fast Food? said:
http://greatideas.people.com/2014/01/08/harley-pasternak-fast-food-mcdonalds-diet-weight-loss/

McDONALD’S

Breakfast
Egg White Delight, 250 calories
Apple Slices, 15 calories
1% Low Fat Milk Jug, 100 calories
Subtotal: 365 calories

Lunch
Ranch Snack Wrap (Grilled), 270 calories
Premium 
Southwest Salad (without Chicken), 140 calories
Newman’s Own 
Creamy
 Southwest Dressing, 100 calories
Water, 0 calories
Subtotal: 510 calories

Dinner
Quarter Pounder with Cheese, 520 calories
Medium French Fries, 380 calories
Diet Soda, 0 calories
Vanilla Ice Cream Cone, 170 calories
Subtotal: 1070 calories

Total Calories: 1945

Go to a "sit down" restaurant and have a *salad* -- you can easily consume 800+ calories from that choice that sounds like a diet food.

I'd say it's easy to loose weight eating at McDonald's if one actually pays attention and tries. It's all the ignorant, lazy slobs who can get fat *anywhere* who claim it's some restaurant's fault. I know many people who drink 500+ calories a day just from sodas or coffees -- that's a pound of fat weight (3500 calories) per week just from liquids.

Bullgrit

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
It is not just calorie counting that matters, but where the calories come from. Protean, fat or carbohydrate? Also, which kind of fats or carbhydrate you eat matter, plus the fiber content and that is not going into nutritional value of McFood.

So yeah, just mentioning calories doesn't mean much.

Remove ads