So I order a quarter pounder BTL at McDonald's the other day.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am at a Subway and had to work hard to not laugh too loud when I read it.

Last edited:

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Vyvyan Basterd said:
The majority of people I see there are buying coffee. I go for the filet-o-fish and my younger son goes for the chicken nuggets. Round and Round...
I doubt many people think of going to McDonald's to "get a burger"; I think most people go to McDonald's to get cheap, fast food. When I crave "a burger," I don't think of McDonald's. But when I need a quick drive-through, I think of McDonald's, and I might even get a burger from there at that time. But, actually, I'll more likely get a McFlurry :)

Bullgrit

Zombie_Babies

First Post
'Over a billion served' does refer to hamburger patties (so two if you order a Big Mac). But that is more of a tradition carried on their signs than an actual current marketing push. You could tell because once they hit a billion they didn't bother to keep counting. They changed their focus at that point and have left burgers as a mention to nostalgia on their signs ever since.

What a ... convenient interpretation.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
What a ... convenient interpretation.

That comes from internal corporate dialog, not a personal interpretation. How many TV or radio ads do you see using the outdated 'Over a billion served' tagline? I hear alot of McCafe commercials. There's the 'I'm loving it' spots. But no active advertising around 'Over a billion served', wonder why that is? Becasue it's about as relevant as 'I like Ike.'

Remove ads