• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, uh, how does one organise a gameday?

guedo79

Explorer
Keep in mind we are a little odd up here in Albany. I think we live in some odd gamer vortex so take it with a grain of salt.

Nyaricus

First Post
guedo79 said:
Keep in mind we are a little odd up here in Albany. I think we live in some odd gamer vortex so take it with a grain of salt.
lol :p

That was still helpful, but I know I've seen a few EN World members on the boards, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. :D

Now, I just need to get the ball rolling, I suppose :D I guess I feel a little out of league since I'm only 18, and I know many En Worlders are, on average, 10ish years older than me - so it's kinda intimidating doing something like this :p

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Nyaricus said:
I'm only 18, and I know many En Worlders are, on average, 10ish years older than me (. . .)

You're very kind . . . ;)

Got a game store near you that has a gameroom? Go say hello to the owner and ask if they already do anything like this. Talk casually about how there are about ten or twelve different areas in the USA, Canada, and Europe that organize gamedays through EN World. Ask if he'd like you to get him some more information on how that happens and if he could use and extra dozen or more gamers in his store on some Saturday or Sunday. That ought to get things started for you.

Good luck! :)

Nyaricus

First Post
Mark CMG said:
You're very kind . . . ;)

Got a game store near you that has a gameroom? Go say hello to the owner and ask if they already do anything like this. Talk casually about how there are about ten or twelve different areas in the USA, Canada, and Europe that organize gamedays through EN World. Ask if he'd like you to get him some more information on how that happens and if he could use and extra dozen or more gamers in his store on some Saturday or Sunday. That ought to get things started for you.

Good luck! :)
One of the managers [of Campaign OUtfitters, a FGLS store in Winnipeg] lurks on EN World a bit, so it's not like he's unfamiliar with this place :)

In any case, I think they'd be okay with it. They have 4 or 5 tables in their store and allow people to play all the time on them.

Hmmm, I hope this all works out :)

Zweihänder

First Post
Nyaricus said:
I guess I feel a little out of league since I'm only 18, and I know many En Worlders are, on average, 10ish years older than me - so it's kinda intimidating doing something like this :p

I feel the same way, buddy. I'm organizing the next Albany Gameday, and I'm only 19. But, hey, anything to maintain the glory of the ALBANY GAMEDAY!! Muhuha, muhuha...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Nyaricus said:
I guess I feel a little out of league since I'm only 18, and I know many En Worlders are, on average, 10ish years older than me - so it's kinda intimidating doing something like this
coughtwentycough

Want to feel better? It's not much less intimidating if you're older, either -- and one of the cool things about EN World is that if you can communicate, no one gives a damn how old you are.

Nyaricus

First Post
Piratecat said:
coughtwentycough

Want to feel better? It's not much less intimidating if you're older, either -- and one of the cool things about EN World is that if you can communicate, no one gives a damn how old you are.
Oh, I know, but, still :p

I'm just grateful that EN World is cool like that, is all :)

Zweihänder, good to know that I'm not alone in that range; here's the the next generation of gamers!

Remove ads