D&D 5E So Was That Z Fellow right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
I'm saying your response seemed be just as judgmental. You seem to be assume based on a single comment that all encounters are going to be focused on taking this one player down. Saying that there will be encounters that will challenge this certain build is not all that out of line. Implying that a DM is bad for poking at a characters weakness from time to time comes across as a Meta-gaming attempt to force all encounters into a certain mold always favorable for that style.

You are lacking in basic reading comprehension then. To the point where I don't think you've actually been reading his comments and are just making things up in your head. :erm:

It's not a single comment, it is several comments reiterating his intentions.

Parmandur said:
Personally, if I saw a player trying to do this, the character wouldn't make it to level 10 alive without some amazing luck and footwork. If a player will metagame, so can the DM.

Parmandu said:
*shrug* I really so no problem with it: turnaround is fair play. I also only ever game with friends and family, so gunning to kill a cheesball PC isn't a biggie.

Parmandu said:
I'd gun for the PC to make an example on principle, not because it "breaks" the game: no min-max cheese at my table, thanks. You cheese the game, game cheeses you.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
You are lacking in basic reading comprehension then. To the point where I don't think you've actually been reading his comments and are just making things up in your head. :erm:

It's not a single comment, it is several comments reiterating his intentions.
I see no substantial difference between what I said and what Pathkeeper wrote. If a player is going to make a narrow, hyper-optimized DPR machine, then he ought to expect challenges will be tailored to his weaknesses in a high-fatality inducing manner.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I see no substantial difference between what I said and what Pathkeeper wrote. If a player is going to make a narrow, hyper-optimized DPR machine, then he ought to expect challenges will be tailored to his weaknesses in a high-fatality inducing manner.

If only you had only been saying you supply such tailor made challengers to all party members equally.

Caliban

Rules Monkey

Bragging about how you intend to kill a PC because their player is better at making a character than you are at running the game doesn't win you any respect.

It just makes me feel sad for your players. And happy that I don't have to deal with you. :)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Bragging about how you intend to kill a PC because their player is better at making a character than you are at running the game doesn't win you any respect.

It just makes me feel sad for your players. And happy that I don't have to deal with you. :)
Ditto, kiddo.

Wasn't "bragging," just saying. That is one of the sort of factors that white-room thinking has a hard time quantifying.

Oofta

Legend
That's not changing the rules, that's karma.

Except that as DM you've decided to enforce your version of karma because you don't like the character build.

Setting up players to fail with little or no chance of survival is not karma, it's being a ****.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Ditto, kiddo.

Wasn't "bragging," just saying. That is one of the sort of factors that white-room thinking has a hard time quantifying.

We get it, you can't handle well built characters, they threaten your ego, so you throw a DM tantrum and kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads