So what does everyone think of the new Bladesinger?

Psion

Adventurer
I was a bit hesitant at first, but I think I have decided I like both the CW version of Bladesinger and the Spellsword and massively prefer them to the Eldritch Knight.

The Eldritch Knight will no longer be making appearances in my game.

That said, I think the entry requirments for spellsword are a bit chinsy.

Last edited:

Shallown

First Post
I liked it since it is an easier class to deal with as far as keeping track of spells. having recently seen the Quickened casting at work by a bladesinger it needed to be toned down though the new one doesn't have quite the same requirements anymore which helped balance the old one.

Unfortunately it is utterly useless to me right now. My campaign has gone to far to back track and apply this update to the Bladesinger in my group. He is just too different so I had to keep the old blade singer with the modification to his Quickened casting being the only change I applied. Luckily the Player agrees and sees the point of the reduction in ability. He liked the class as far as if he had started out knowing this was the PrC he was heading towards but the differences are too much. BTW he is a Bard 3 (Monte) / Fighter 4 / Bladesinger 5 and I allowed him to take Bard as his elven favored class instead of wizard since his whole concept was built around this goal of one day being abladesinger but he wanted bard as well. It was a rules change to fit the character.

I don't know how well it compares to the Spell sword. I'll have to compare the two when I have more time.

Later

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Kai Lord said:
with a potentially huge bonus to AC (+1 to AC per point of Int per class level.)

I'm guessing that this actually is "+1 to AC per point of Int bonus, but no more than your class level in bladesinger" i.e. the same as the duellist canny defence.

Remove ads