So what does everyone think of the new Bladesinger?

Klaus

First Post
Aaron L said:
I was very dissappointed at the loss of bonus feats as well. As it was, the straight fighter always overshadowed my bladesinger, and now he's lost the ability to whirlwind attack.

Aaron L-> Check out the Battledancer available at www.fierydragon.com . As I mentioned in an earlier Dragon's Breath column on PrClass design, I wanted the Battledancer to have feats that encouraged acrobatic fighting, so I gave it Mobility, Improved Feint and Whirlwind Attack.

Arravis said:
Has anyone used Claudio's Battledancer (poster earlier in this thread) in their campaign? I think this might be more of what I'm looking for than the Bladedancer in Complete Warrior...

Arravis -> One of the PCs in my campaign is a half-elf Wiz5/Rog3/Battledancer 2 (Str10, Dex18, Int14). She certainly doesn't outshine the ranger (Str18, Dex18) in combat, but can hold her own on most combats, rarely losing a hit point... :) She uses Cat's Grace, mainly, to boost her hitting power (Weapon Finesse), and blink to make every attack a sneak attack. +2d6 damage = ouch!

Last edited:

Frostmarrow

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
Heh, before 3e, that wasn't true at all. The 2e AD&D bladesinger was sickeningly overpowered. In fact, I know a few DMs who refused to incorperate anything from The Complete Book of Elves into their campaigns.

Too true. Our party consisted solely of elves of different sub-types and über-classes. However, under the current design paradigm it won't be the optimal choice. :D

Psion

Adventurer
Stephenls said:
As it is, the bladesinger might as well be called the "Why not just play an eldrich knight?"

Perhaps because the DM (or player) thinks the Eldritch knight is bland and/or a little too efficient and is not allowing it?

Just a guess... ;)

jasamcarl

First Post
Psion said:
Perhaps because the DM (or player) thinks the Eldritch knight is bland and/or a little too efficient and is not allowing it?

Just a guess... ;)

But then, I've found few who assert that after careful consideration. ;)

Psion

Adventurer
jasamcarl said:
But then, I've found few who assert that after careful consideration. ;)

I'll have you know, good sir, I always consider everything carefully. :)

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Dark Jezter said:
Heh, before 3e, that wasn't true at all. The 2e AD&D bladesinger was sickeningly overpowered. In fact, I know a few DMs who refused to incorperate anything from The Complete Book of Elves into their campaigns.

(Raises hand)

I actually let in an archer, but only one; he's still around. He taught me all about that silly elf book. ;)

Remove ads