So what is your favorite module, ever?

smootrk

First Post
I think my favorite, for its sheer ease in breaking-in new players, was Keep on the Borderland... wilderness, bandits, caves, critters, humanoids, evil cultists, and easily modified to include whatever I want. I still use it, tweaked to 3.5.

KotB is where the adventure began for many of us with its inclusion in the Red Box.

ashockney

First Post
Halls of the Fire Giant King

I've run this several times over the last few years, as well as "back in the day" for 1st and 2nd edition. Love it!

The hidden secrets of the drow (first appearance), the great reveal - Eclavdra, and a brutal and deadly grind through the great Halls. All with the comedy relief of Queen Frumpy and Stubby the hydra.

Gilladian

Adventurer
Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. The followups were not nearly as good, but I've run SSS a dozen times for different groups and it ALWAYS comes off well.

Psion

Adventurer
I'd say GDQ1-7 or Dead Gods. Tough call.

I guess I'll go with Dead Gods, since it also features parts of D3, my favorite adventure in GDQ1-7.

Last edited:

Imruphel

First Post
1E: Caverns of Thracia or Village of Hommlet (not ToEE- that was a pile of rubbish slapped
together 5 years too late)
2E: Gates of Firestorm Peak
3.xE: Red Hand of Doom

sydbar

Explorer
My favorite is, X4 - Master of the Desert Nomads, and X5 - Temple of Death. I also love UK2 - The Sentinel, and UK3 - The Gauntlet. Non D&D i would have to choose Lancers Rockers for the Robotech RPG by Palladium Games.

It's a tough one, but I think L1: Secret of Bone Hill wins.

I'll confess to loving S1: Tomb of Horrors as the ultimate way of sorting the people who can play D&D as a game of tactical dungeoneering from those who can't. ;)

Greg K

Legend
Although I already gave my choice, I am glad to see B2: Keep on the Borderlands, L1: The Secret of Bone Hill, and T1: The Village of Hommlet mentiond. I said that my choice was a hard one to make and those three modules were on my list of five or six from which I made my choice.

Remove ads