• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E So what's the scoop on D&D in PDF Format?

ezo

I cast invisibility
True but it's easy to go to Drivethru RPG or to the WotC website, it's a tad harder if you have to look for (good) copies on random sites.
Sure, IF those sites offered official PDF versions of the books.... but they don't.

LOL random sites? No, there are only two that I generally use, if the first doesn't have what I am looking for, 90% of the time the second site does.

Not that I would know anything about that.
Oh, of course not. Neither do I... :sneaky:

I'm sure there plenty of folks who would buy them if they could.
I would have, back when I first started 5E. Now, of course not. Even new releases by WotC aren't worth my money.

(Of course, I don't even think they are worth the paper and ink used to print them... ;) )

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Sure, IF those sites offered official PDF versions of the books.... but they don't.

LOL random sites? No, there are only two that I generally use, if the first doesn't have what I am looking for, 90% of the time the second site does.

Oh, of course not. Neither do I... :sneaky:

I would have, back when I first started 5E. Now, of course not. Even new releases by WotC aren't worth my money.

(Of course, I don't even think they are worth the paper and ink used to print them... ;) )

2 sites? That's HORRIBLE. What are they, so I know to avoid them.

Chalice

Explorer
Not that anyone will care, I imagine, particularly not those at WotC, but FWIW I would’ve bought at least the 5e core books (very likely others too) as PDFs, that being my preferred format most of the time. As well as the hardcovers, incidentally - I like to have both.

But again, one point of data on the internet is not going to change anything. Just thought I’d put it out there anyway. :)

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Not that anyone will care, I imagine, particularly not thise at WotC, but FWIW I would’ve bought at least the 5e core books as PDFs, that being my preferred format most of the time. As well as the hardcovers, incidentally - I like to have both.

But again, one point of data on the internet is not going to change anything. Just thought I’d put it out there anyway. :)
WotC's refusal to put out 5E PDFs post acquisition of Beyond makes perfect sense. It is baffling in the early days tho.

Chalice

Explorer
WotC's refusal to put out 5E PDFs post acquisition of Beyond makes perfect sense. It is baffling in the early days tho.

You’re probably right, in terms of profit margins or suchlike. It’s just that, from a totally selfish PoV, I’m one lf those DMs that refuses to subscribe to online TTRPG services of any kind, and will stick with standalone, offline documents* for the duration.

* And physical books, actually.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
You’re probably right, in terms of profit margins or suchlike. It’s just that, from a totally selfish PoV, I’m one lf those DMs that refuses to subscribe to online TTRPG services of any kind, and will stick with standalone, offline documents* for the duration.

I totally agree. I am.even more militant:

Whoever you are, if I buy a dead tree version of a book from you, I expect a complimentary PDF. If you don't offer that, I don't buy your book.

ezo

I cast invisibility

I totally agree. I am.even more militant:

Whoever you are, if I buy a dead tree version of a book from you, I expect a complimentary PDF. If you don't offer that, I don't buy your book.
Ditto. I've owned every book that I cared to, tore them apart, and scanned them into PDFs for my own use.

All I can say is a double-sided scanner is a godsend!

Remove ads