• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"So where do Zenythri come from?" "Ya see, when a human and a... hmmm..."

Dozen

First Post
Perhaps the Wind Lords of Vaati? (Creators of the Rod of Seven Parts)

Swing and a miss. Their lifestyles are similar enough, but they never leave the Valley. Ebony mixed with human skin colors doesn't make blue or purple, either. And an outsider with the air subtype has fire resistance? I'm not seeing it.

delericho

Legend
Clearly, they didn't derive from any progenitor race. Rather, with the proliferation of *-touched races for all the other planes, the multiverse was compelled to spontaneously generate a LN-touched race in order to maintain symmetry. Anything else would have been untidy, and therefore anethema to Law.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
As I recall, there never were half-axiomatic and half-anarchic templates the way there were for half-celestial and half-fiendish.

There were templates for full-on axiomatic and anarchic creatures, and as mentioned above, there were races for lawful and chaotic planetouched. But if you wanted a half-blooded creature of law or chaos, there were no (official) options to be found.

Dozen

First Post
Clearly, they didn't derive from any progenitor race. Rather, with the proliferation of *-touched races for all the other planes, the multiverse was compelled to spontaneously generate a LN-touched race in order to maintain symmetry. Anything else would have been untidy, and therefore anethema to Law.

I like where you are going. I'm not sure, though. They speicifcally mention there was a race of which we don't know, and there are other LN planetouched around the planes. Then again, this might be just a convenient explanation for those who can't wrap their head around phantasmal magic. I can;)

As I recall, there never were half-axiomatic and half-anarchic templates the way there were for half-celestial and half-fiendish.

There were templates for full-on axiomatic and anarchic creatures, and as mentioned above, there were races for lawful and chaotic planetouched. But if you wanted a half-blooded creature of law or chaos, there were no (official) options to be found.

"What do you get when a Fiend and a Celestial do the no-no-cha-cha?"
"Is this some kind of joke?"
"If it is, then you're looking at the punchline."

Gotta love that comic. Anyway, Planetouched are descendants of a specific kind of Outsider and mortal race, not a half this and a half that. I can't see why this is relevant now.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Anyway, Planetouched are descendants of a specific kind of Outsider and mortal race, not a half this and a half that. I can't see why this is relevant now.

If you can't see why this is relevant - now or later - then you're not thinking about the topic hard enough.

If planetouched are the descendants of a specific kind of Outsider and a mortal race, then at some point between them and their Outsider and mortal parent, there was a half-breed, with the corresponding template...which was never given for lawful and chaotic creatures.

Dozen

First Post
If you can't see why this is relevant - now or later - then you're not thinking about the topic hard enough.

If planetouched are the descendants of a specific kind of Outsider and a mortal race, then at some point between them and their Outsider and mortal parent, there was a half-breed, with the corresponding template...which was never given for lawful and chaotic creatures.

First time of my life someone has accused me of not thinking enough. They mostly compain of the opposite. Maybe I should consider this progress on my part? I appreciate the thought, but I can assure you I'm not required to be given faulty ultimatums to get my brain cells in line. I consider this an an insult to my intellect, in which I indeed take a vast amount of pride, and while I'm aware the fine art of pissing peope off can achieve wonders, in my case it is rather counterproductive. At the very least, my hands will likely start to shake, such as right now, which, if nothing else, impedes the process of typing the contents of this post down greatly.

I've considered what you wrote with care(and noticed, among other facts, that your second post contains no new processable information aside from a smug, if possibly kindhearted overtone and an oddly placed dramatic pause. Again, I am thankful, but I've also been initiated in the secrets of scrolling upwards - cue ghasps -, and the ability to realize procreation between different kinds of creatures results in halfbreeds, rendering the gesture unnecessary.), as well as my knowledge on the topic, and thus arrived at my above conclusion, in which, shockingly, you won't have a say by rephrasing the same argument that led me to it. Now, in light of my rubbish wisdom, I find it more likely that I've missed a clue you didn't mention, since you regard it as glaringly obvious. Tell me more and we will talk. Until then, in case you are yet to be convinced of my awareness of my mental capabilites and the need to use them in a debate, feel free to sacrifice some of your time and figure out my the trail of thought regarding your statements. After all, you appear to believe it is socially expected of us to immediately know what other people conclude from the same source of information. We're all psychics here, right?

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
First time of my life someone has accused me of not thinking enough. They mostly compain of the opposite. Maybe I should consider this progress on my part? I appreciate the thought, but I can assure you I'm not required to be given faulty ultimatums to get my brain cells in line. I consider this an an insult to my intellect, in which I indeed take a vast amount of pride, and while I'm aware the fine art of pissing peope off can achieve wonders, in my case it is rather counterproductive. At the very least, my hands will likely start to shake, such as right now, which, if nothing else, impedes the process of typing the contents of this post down greatly.

I've considered what you wrote with care(and noticed, among other facts, that your second post contains no new processable information aside from a smug, if possibly kindhearted overtone and an oddly placed dramatic pause. Again, I am thankful, but I've also been initiated in the secrets of scrolling upwards - cue ghasps -, and the ability to realize procreation between different kinds of creatures results in halfbreeds, rendering the gesture unnecessary.), as well as my knowledge on the topic, and thus arrived at my above conclusion, in which, shockingly, you won't have a say by rephrasing the same argument that led me to it. Now, in light of my rubbish wisdom, I find it more likely that I've missed a clue you didn't mention, since you regard it as glaringly obvious. Tell me more and we will talk. Until then, in case you are yet to be convinced of my awareness of my mental capabilites and the need to use them in a debate, feel free to sacrifice some of your time and figure out my the trail of thought regarding your statements. After all, you appear to believe it is socially expected of us to immediately know what other people conclude from the same source of information. We're all psychics here, right?

So you still don't understand the relevance of bringing up a lack of half-breed templates for axiomatic and anarchic creatures in a thread about planetouched axiomatic and anarchic creatures? I'm really not sure what else I can say then - I've made my point as simply as I know how; if you still don't understand, there isn't much I can do to help you.

Dozen

First Post
So you still don't understand the relevance of bringing up a lack of half-breed templates for axiomatic and anarchic creatures in a thread about planetouched axiomatic and anarchic creatures? I'm really not sure what else I can say then - I've made my point as simply as I know how; if you still don't understand, there isn't much I can do to help you.

You've read all what you've quoted and think I subscribe to 'simple'? Elaborate as much as you can. I'm the kind of guy who understands that better. Sorry, my... khm... "Sense Motive checks" are laughable, there is no denying that. I need an explanation to be convinced, not just the conclusion of it. Admittedly, this makes it harder for you, so I'll bite and explain my thoughts on the topic, disregarding dead ends:

My original questions were
1. Who are the ancestors of the Zenythri?
2. If not known, is the lack of knowledge intentional on the writer's part?

To which your answers were:
1. 'there never were half-axiomatic and half-anarchic templates the way there were for half-celestial and half-fiendish',
2. 'There were templates for full-on axiomatic and anarchic creatures, and as mentioned above, there were races for lawful and chaotic planetouched.'
3. 'if you wanted a half-blooded creature of law or chaos, there were no (official) options to be found',
4. 'If planetouched are the descendants of a specific kind of Outsider and a mortal race, then at some point between them and their Outsider and mortal parent, there was a half-breed, with the corresponding template', and
5. said template "was never given for lawful and chaotic creatures', which more or less carries the same point across as the first and third statement, though there are differences.

Now explain what and how the latters have anything to do with the formers. Because I don't recall looking for half-creature templates. The fact that there aren't any couldn't bother me less. Why would I care? Just because they are related? That doesn't mean it has anything to do with the topic. By that logic, I could talk about butterflies when the OP ask about whirlwinds. I'm looking for the parent race, not the second step. Since nobody knows who are the Outsiders the Zenythri claim to descend from, I'd dare to suggest there aren't any halfies around anymore who openly waltz around the streets. Obviously, if there is any of those, alive, they are just as hidden/obscure/reclusive as the parent race, or we could just ask them who their parents were.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Now explain what and how the latters have anything to do with the formers. Because I don't recall looking for half-creature templates. The fact that there aren't any couldn't bother me less. Why would I care? Just because they are related? That doesn't mean it has anything to do with the topic.

It has a lot to do with the topic, primarily that the question of where all anarchic and axiomatic planetouched come from is further obscured (or at the very least, not abetted) by the lack of templates to represent half-breed anarchic and axiomatic creatures. If such templates exist, then it'd be easy to point to the logical progression of "they come from creatures with the anarchic and axiomatic templates, through creatures with the half-anarchic and half-axiomatic templates, to the chaond and zenythri planetouched."

Simple enough to understand, no?

Dozen

First Post
It has a lot to do with the topic, primarily that the question of where all anarchic and axiomatic planetouched come from is further obscured (or at the very least, not abetted) by the lack of templates to represent half-breed anarchic and axiomatic creatures. If such templates exist, then it'd be easy to point to the logical progression of "they come from creatures with the anarchic and axiomatic templates, through creatures with the half-anarchic and half-axiomatic templates, to the chaond and zenythri planetouched."

Simple enough to understand, no?

The templates do not exist though, so I can't follow the progression. I can see your point now, from a purely logical standpoint, but the fact it's based on a hypothetical scenario renders it moot. If there was a template, and you pointed me to it, that'd qualify as contribution. What you said is just a compaint about something we can't change.

Last edited:

Remove ads