• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"So where do Zenythri come from?" "Ya see, when a human and a... hmmm..."

Dozen

First Post
I want to point out, this is one thing I miss in a lot of games of any sort these days. There's so little mystery. Used to be the strange and obscure had all sorts of rumors to how they came to be, why they were there, what they were doing, etc... Nowadays it's all "Zenythri are the sons of X, who are the children of Y who begat Z...." and so on and so forth.

... I'm not sure what to make of this comment either! But please, don't degrade me for it. Somebody already gave me a metaphorical kick from Batman for counter-complaining. I think. I really don't understand what's going on anymore.

Last edited:

S

Sunseeker

... I'm not sure what to make of this comment either! But please, don't degrade me for it. Somebody already gave me a metaphorical kick from Batman for counter-complaining. I think. I really don't understand what's going on anymore.

I don't have a problem with you inquiring, in fact I quite like it. "Mysterious" things in D&D make people do that. It's so much more awesome to see a bunch of people come together to combine obscure knowledge to create a more complete picture.

I mean, imagine playing a D&D session where someone spots a Zenythri somewhere. The party gets intrigued and goes on all sorts of quests to find out who or what they are and why they're here. No player is simply able to flip to page 155 of the MM and find out all about them!

Dozen

First Post
I don't have a problem with you inquiring, in fact I quite like it. "Mysterious" things in D&D make people do that. It's so much more awesome to see a bunch of people come together to combine obscure knowledge to create a more complete picture.

I mean, imagine playing a D&D session where someone spots a Zenythri somewhere. The party gets intrigued and goes on all sorts of quests to find out who or what they are and why they're here. No player is simply able to flip to page 155 of the MM and find out all about them!

I see what you mean! I was never too good at delivering the sort, but I can value a mystery-based campaign. That might be why I was asking in the first place - If they just told me where they came from I probably would have shrugged and forgot about them forever. Funny thing is, this appears to be accidental gold, as Shemeska pointed out earlier.http://www.enworld.org/forum/member.php?11697-Shemeska

Last edited:

Remove ads