Solo: A Star Wars Story (seen it!) (spoilers)

Mallus

Legend
I see a fair number of you went in with low expectations. Why is that? Is it the troubled production or did one of the recent films not inspire confidence?
The fact Miller & Lord got fired, mainly. Even though I liked Solo, I still like to see what those two would have brought to the franchise.

As for the recent -- ie Disney -- SW films, I thought TFA was a masterclass in blockbuster comfort-food filmmaking, R1 was first Star Wars film that really felt like a war movie (and it was good, if a bit too long), and TLJ was either the best or 2nd best film in the franchise (it's clear Rian Johnson loves cinema as much as George Lucas did/does).

Solo's good. Least favorite of the new films, but solid.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I really have to agree with Mallus. The troubled production was what made me think it would have some difficulty.

But I enjoyed the movie. I love Rogue One. I think TFA did exactly what it set out to do. Hit the right strokes and stoked the fires. TLJ in my opinion gives us a display of what a true Jedi Master is capable of. I thought what and how Luke went about dealing with Kylo was perfect.

Interested to see what the next in the saga brings us. Also I love that so many people don't like it. Their tears of anguish sustain me.

Remove ads