Solo Adventure (See inside for rambling details)

Jemal

Adventurer
*L* How interesting, I'd been pondering posting this exact same sort of thing (Though I wasn't going for a SOLO game, rather an "I'll DM anything you guys want if one of you promises to do the same for me") But I decided to go DM the Epic Thing instead..

Rhun

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Wow, you really must have been upset with me to kidnap my character and manservant. :confused: :heh:

If you still want me back I'd be happy to return.

Darn now I'm curious as to how Lord Krane could have been so sloppy so as to have been captured, honestly if I was playing him I dealt he would have been caught. I usually far to paranoid to let that happen easily

We'd be happy to have you back, of course. We just have to work a daring escape or a daring rescue into the game. We can talk it over in the OOC thread if you would like? :D

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
A solo game... the first I've run hasn't been much a success, but I was able to go to the second chapter... I'm presently running a multi-solo adventure on LEW (Yeah, an advneture where many player have there own adventure but the cross each others, kind of an headache to keep track, even more with a coherent timeline)...

I must tell the idea of solo DMing a black dragon could be interesting. Most likely, I would do something in 12 chapters. Each chapter happen during one age of the dragon, so from the the hatch of the egg to a great wyrm...

And for me playing in a solo... I must tell I would be mor einterest in a small thight group (llet's say, a 3 players games) where people have a well devellop background and things goes around it (and not some stated character who lacks some personality).
Well this definately sounds more like what I'm aiming for. How about you flesh out exacty what type of game you want to play, as I need to see if it's something I can pull off as a DM.

Also I'm flexible regarding you wanting to play in a small group rather than a solo adventure, perhaps some of the concepts that have been listed by the others would tie in with yours

Kaodi said:
What I think would perhaps be pretty funny though... Is that whole thing, to have the other guy be a great dragonhunter, and then one day have them face off in a final battle arbitrated by a third party.
That would be pretty fun.
Kaodi said:
Good luck in finding someone to run a game for you though. I bet there are some interesting things that could be done with a campaign like that, though of course the vast amount of game time that it covers would be killer.
Well I probably don't want to RP over a thousand years of draconic existance, I'm thinking more along the lines of Velmont's suggestion of doing it in chapters, so I'd RP a portion of his 1st year, lay some plans then fast forward to see what has happened.

Ambrus said:
Heh. I saw the original post (before the stipulation was added in) and I thought to myself; this would be a good opportunity to run my gold dragon hatchling character beyond the bounds of the level 1-15 table-top game in which he started. I could actually play him as an mature dragon without having to worry about out-classing a party!

Then I came back to pitch my idea and now I see that the OP actually wants the very same thing for himself. Heh.
Playing a Mature Gold Dragon would be pretty fun, I seriously thought about going one for this game, but I like the challenge of going a black dragon wyrmling. Basically my character is going to start out all by himself in a swamp, so from day one he's going to have to fend for himself. Also I wanted to play more of a role as a quasi-villian, I want to see if it realy is possible to create an empire from scratch.

Velmont

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Well this definately sounds more like what I'm aiming for. How about you flesh out exacty what type of game you want to play, as I need to see if it's something I can pull off as a DM.

Also I'm flexible regarding you wanting to play in a small group rather than a solo adventure, perhaps some of the concepts that have been listed by the others would tie in with yours.

Here more details on how I see each game:

Life of a Black Dragon: As I told, I see it as twelves chapter. Each chapter will be marked by a main event. The first chapter is the hatch of the egg. I have a good idea for that one, but telling ti here would ruin the fun, as after all, you don't know the world yet, you just hatch.

But if you have things you would like to see in the game, I would be open. Between chapter it is up to you to tell me what you want to do. The second chapter is left open to see what you want. You might tell you wnat to control a village, or go after someone you alreday hate to death ect... It would probably happen sometimes around 10 years after. the third chapter could happen another 10 years, and ect... leaping form one age to another.

Velmont's game: I think three players is a nice number. A small group with some common background, some common goal. The concept of the game may vary, and I don't want to set much things here yet, as I think the best would be to speak about it the four of us (DM with players). I think I still have a thousand and one concept I would like to play, so I am pretty flexible on that. Maybe there is someone else here with some good idea.

Kaodi

Hero
Well, I can work with a small group when I cannot have solo. Besides focus on a single character, I prefer to have a minimal number of other people to have to wait for. As my character in LEB may say, " One is preferable, two is plenty, three is company, four too many and five simply unbearable. "

I hesitate to make suggestions though, as they all invariably focus on a single setting. I don't wish to sound too like a broken record, at least until I know how others feel.

Kaodi

Hero
Well, as a thread bump, I guess I will risk a couple of ideas, since it can be surmised that Velmont is also a fan of Eberron, being part of LEB and all.

1. The players are refugees, or the descendants of refugees, in the " Protectorate " of Syrkarn, in Sarlona. The adventure begins after the death of the latest person to attempt to unify the scattered tribes of the steppes, or alternatively just before, with the first task being to try and prevent that from happening. Ultimately, it will be up to the players to become the midwives to a stronger, more organized Syrk nation.

2. In Thrane, a new champion of the Dark Flame has arisen, and they are gathering the agents of the Whispering Flame and Cults of the Dragon Below to themselves. The players are members of the Karrnathi military sent to observe this new power, as the brass are keen on anything that could potentially harm their enemies, the Thranes. It will be up to you whether you ultimately decide to aid or oppose the dark designs of the Infernal Knight.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Kaodi said:
Well, as a thread bump, I guess I will risk a couple of ideas, since it can be surmised that Velmont is also a fan of Eberron, being part of LEB and all.

1. The players are refugees, or the descendants of refugees, in the " Protectorate " of Syrkarn, in Sarlona. The adventure begins after the death of the latest person to attempt to unify the scattered tribes of the steppes, or alternatively just before, with the first task being to try and prevent that from happening. Ultimately, it will be up to the players to become the midwives to a stronger, more organized Syrk nation.

2. In Thrane, a new champion of the Dark Flame has arisen, and they are gathering the agents of the Whispering Flame and Cults of the Dragon Below to themselves. The players are members of the Karrnathi military sent to observe this new power, as the brass are keen on anything that could potentially harm their enemies, the Thranes. It will be up to you whether you ultimately decide to aid or oppose the dark designs of the Infernal Knight.
To be honest I'm not very familar with Eberron (despite having many of the books), so as long as you don't expect me to adhere to closely to canon, I'm sure I can pull this.

Since I'm happy to take Velmont up on his offer to DM my Black Dragon PC, I'm happy to recruit and two characters (only from those of you who've posted in this tread to date). So once Velmont has sorted out what type of game he wants to play, then you can all post your character submissions.

So far the following people (other than Velmont) have post to this thread.

DralonXitz
Rhun
Land Outcast
SIN
Kaodi
Jemal
Ambrus

Also since this is going to be Velmont's game it's up to him to decide what the character creation guidelines are, and it will also be Velmont's decision as to who he accepts as the two additional players.

And finally this isn't going to be a game where I set up the adventures, rather I'll be providing the broad background of the setting, but it's up to you to decide what path you head down. I'll then design adventures around your goals/actions.

Also you don't have to start out knowing each other, I can always solo you all for a short time until your characters cross paths, or anything else you like.

~~~~

Also from the above list, who of you are interested in appearing in cameo roles (could be short term, long term or even recurring) in both of our games?

Kaodi

Hero
Of course, it is only just that Velmont make the decisions.

I'm not sure about cameo appearances. I have a hard time following PbPs I am not active in.

Velmont

First Post
Kaodi said:

I would not consider myself as a fan of Eberron. I find it an interesting world, but I'm still a lot clueless about it (and that's a reason why I like it). For example, it is teh first time I hear from Sarlona (and it took time to figure it wasn't on the same continent than Khorvaire), nor I am not familiar with the Dark Flame or the Whispering Flames.

Up to now, I start to be familiar with the house Cannith, Warforged and artificers (because of my artificer in LEB) and also with the Cult of Dragon Below , Daelkyr and Abberant dragon mark (Because of teh game Warrior of the Coast, where I've been playing a Sorcerer with an abberant dragonmark and who has been possessed by a Daelkyr... :heh: ). And even then, I know little dark about those subject.

But at the same time, if the master is familiar about Eberron, there is many interesting story that can come out of it.

I was thinking of which concept I wanted to play, as there is many I havn't played yet. It's been a while I want to play a Warlock. I've never got teh chace to play a Psionic Class either. In Eberron, the druids organization make the class more interesting, and also the new races make some good changes. Changelling and Shifter are appealling.

But the concept of the character will fit more with the spirit of the game. And I've been thinking about it. I don't want to play teh mercenary type of hero. I think LEW and LEB give you little choice and you must play that kind of hero. You are waiting in the Inn to find employement. I've found always more challenging and interesting to be in survival mode, when all seems against you and you must only do that, survive. That mean when you are falsely accused, you go after the true criminal to wash your reputation. When you are ostracized, you must keep low profile or get the population on your back (that's must be why the Warlock class sounds interesting to me). Survival doesn't mean to be always in combat, but it's sure you can have some good one, and some combat where teh only wise move to do is fleeing...

Lord Raven, what do you think about that? A campaign on the survival mode, the players against the world style, or something like that.

Anyone else have suggestion in that way.

It can be either in Eberron or in any other world.

Also, I will most likely take people who will give ideas as it seems it is me who choose the players.

Lord, for the dragon game, I'll start a thread soon and we will start to discuss on the details, what you want to see, what is your plan for your dragon, ect...

Kaodi

Hero
I would certainly be down with that kind of game. I like plots that do not require world shaking events or selfless heroics.

If you were to put this idea in Eberron, I might suggest Karrnath. Among the Five Nations, Karrnath is the most in step with dark magic and villainy, so those are perhaps points against it for the concept, but it also is under a form of martial law, and has a fair distance between it and the best " safe " haven, the Eldeen Reaches. The former means that you can be accused and apprehended without a trial, and the latter that there is no obvious direction to head in when fleeing.

If I were applying for such a game, I might look at a shifter druid, or a shifter druid/ranger, probably with the substitution levels from Race of Eberron (one of which does away with wildshaping, and replaces it with a kind of inner beast spirit, which I think would be more appropriate for a character who would be an outcast and a part-time loner. Saves time on messing around with the shapes, too). I'd certainly be happy to have a character who is caught up in the main characters (your Warlocks) predicament. Being a character with the skills to stay alive in the wilderness would assure a druid or ranger an important, if secondary role in the plot. A facilitator, rather than a motivator, so to speak.

Remove ads