• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Solo Adventure (See inside for rambling details)

Velmont

First Post
Curse of the Magi: Seems fine with me... I'll think to take Great Fortitude as a feat...

WP and VP: I've played Spycraft. Pretty good where healing is hard, but the Rogue (and teh warlock with his eldritch blast) can become very nasty. With a critical, the +3d6 damage of the sneak (or blast) can be a killer.

Taint: First time I see these rules. Interesting.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Taint
The reason I want to use taint is the Age of Despair is a time of darkness where many people were being hunted and persecuted, as such many honorable and good people who forced to commit dark acts just to survive or because they believed that what they were doing was right.

Partially this observation is based on the Legend of the Twins series especially when Caramon and Raistlan were captured by Steel-Toe. Up to that point Steel Toes bandits included many former Knights who felt that they had to do bad things to survive, as such they would have become tainted by their actions. When Caramon came along he gave them the chance to redeem themselves and to reclaim their honor.

I also gather that many people were burnt as witches and heretics during this time, and although the mobs probably felt justified in their actions they still would have been tainted by these.

~~~~

So I'll be using taint as a way of highlight peoples descent into darkness, and the fact that dark deeds (however they are justified) will leave an indelible mark upon you. You won't acquire taint by fighting (especially in self defense) however you would gain it for cruelty, torture, and slaughter to name a few.

Also instead of Detect Alignment, Prot form Alignment etc type spells we will be instead using Detect Taint, Protection from Taint, Smite Taint etc. People will still have alignments but these will only be guidelines as to how they then to act, thus it will be possible for a LG character to have taint but a LE character to have done. The difference depends on the type of actions they perform.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Velmont said:
WP and VP: I've played Spycraft. Pretty good where healing is hard, but the Rogue (and teh warlock with his eldritch blast) can become very nasty. With a critical, the +3d6 damage of the sneak (or blast) can be a killer.
This works both ways. :]

Kaodi

Hero
Why must everyone make things more complicated than need be? It never seems enough that I lend a helping hand, or say a kind word. No, all the matters is that my power is not theirs.

I killed a young woman today. Not with sword or spears, spell or stone. I killed her with inaction. I was passing through a small town, and she was out doing her daily chores, I imagine. The only luck these days being bad luck, a driver lost control of his team of horses, and she ended up being struck and trampled. I could of saved her. I could have healed her, that power is mine. But no, one of those damned Seekers had to show up! To cross them could mean my own death, and then what good would my power be...

Before, I was born into a small forest settlement of nature worshippers. Even without gods, they continued to tend to and toil in the woods. They practiced a simple magic, which often took many years for one to master. My power is like theirs was, but I did not have to fight and study and train to use it, it came naturally to me. Nevermind that I could not produce any feat beyond their abilities, I was " different " from them, and I was cast out.

So, now I must wander from place to place. I use my power when I can, often when no one can see what I am doing. I have to watch my own back though, no one trusts anyone any more. Who can blame them, though? If you cannot trust the gods to not abandon you, how can you trust mere mortals to not do the same? Not that it matters, I do what I have to, to survive, to keep going. The fewer people who notice what I am about, the better off I am, and maybe the better off they are, too.

Velmont

First Post
Race & Class: As long as it fit the master and your concept.
Attributes: Point Buys system: 32 PB, that should help in teh low-magic campaign that should be this game.
HP: None, it will be WP and VP
WP: Consitution Score
VP: Max Hit Die at 1st level, half+1 every next level (so d10 => 10+6+6+6+...)
Starting level: 3rd
Starting gold: Max of 1st level... we are in a poor world.

If Lord Raven have some suggestion on that, no problem. He will be the master of it after all.

Kaodi

Hero
Don't you mean " Starting steel " ? :)

In any case, if you could give me the info I need to construct a character of the mystic class, Lord Raven, I would appreciate it.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Race & Class: Human Ex-Paladin 1/Fighter 2
Attributes: Str16/Dex14/Con14/Int13/Wis10/Cha10
WP: 14
VP: 22
Starting money: 240 steel pieces

AC 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Solamnic Brestplate, +1 Shield)

Equipment:
Shield [?]
Solamnic Brestplate (50gp)
Longsword (15gp)
Dagger (x2) (4gp)
--------------------------
69gp... I'll decide about the shield and see to adventuring gear... later

Feats:
->Improved Initiative
->Combat Expertise
->Improved Disarm
->
->

Skills:

---

Sorry for the numerous "modifications" asked...

Could my character end up with a Masterwork weapon? (only thing he keeps from his father, along with the brestplate).

About the Brestplate: effectively, only the Breast Plate remains from the original suit of armor. Stats as Scale Mail but counts as light armor.

Was there a feat which allowed certain skills as class skills? (I'm interested in Bluff, Hide, Move Silently, and Survival)
Perhaps we could swich Heavy Armor Proficiency and Tower Shield Proficiency for having them as class skills.

Velmont

First Post
Land Outcast said:
Could my character end up with a Masterwork weapon? (only thing he keeps from his father, along with the brestplate).

I was thinking of everyone having one heritage. But that would be given by Lord Raven. The thought behind that, it is many heroes have received such things (like Sturm or Steel with teh Brightblade, or Raistlin and Palin for the Staff of Magus...). The heritage doesn,t need to be that powerfull, but just a cool item that fit the character.

Land Outcast said:
About the Brestplate: effectively, only the Breast Plate remains from the original suit of armor. Stats as Scale Mail but counts as light armor.

Why not taking a Breastplate simply?

Land Outcast said:
Was there a feat which allowed certain skills as class skills? (I'm interested in Bluff, Hide, Move Silently, and Survival)
Perhaps we could swich Heavy Armor Proficiency and Tower Shield Proficiency for having them as class skills.

I suggest you to take either some level in Ranger, or maybe in this figther variant

Remove ads