• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some XPH "Clarifications"

ohGr

First Post
Andrew FInch has posted some early errata for the Expanded Psionics Handbook over on the WotC boards:
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=226920

With your help, Bruce Cordell and I have identified some rules contradictions in the Expanded Psionics Handbook. Although it is too early to release official errata for this book, please consider these changes official:

Pg 27: Soulknife — Listen is a class skill. Skill points are correct at 4 + Int modifier per level (Table 3–1: Skill Points per Level, on page 35, incorrectly lists the soulknife's skill points per level as 2 + Int modifier).

Pg 36: Autohypnosis — The DC for Resist Dying should be 20, as listed in the table (not 15, as listed in the adjoining text).

Pg 190: Blue — Blues have a level adjustment of +1, as given in the "Blues as Characters" section (not +0, as listed in the previous page's monster entry).

In addition to clearing up these contradictions, we would like to add the following:

Pg 96: Dominate, Psionic — The following paragraph was omitted from the power's description:

“4. If you spend 1 additional power point, this power’s duration is 1 hour rather than concentration. If you spend 2 additional power points, this power’s duration is 1 day rather than concentration. If you spend 4 additional power points, this power’s duration is 1 day per manifester level rather than concentration.”

General Notes Concerning Errata:
When the text within a product contradicts itself, our general policy is that the primary source is correct and any secondary reference is incorrect. This means that the skill list in the character chapter is correct, the table in the skill chapter is merely referencing that information and is therefore a secondary source. Exceptions to the rule (such as the Autohypnosis inconsistency, above) will be called out specifically.

In general, if a mechanic works as printed, we don’t change it, even if it doesn't exactly work as the designers and developers intended. However, we feel that the duration of the psionic dominate power is something fundamental to psionics, and not addressing the omission violates of the spirit of the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

We are sorry for any confusion these errors may have caused you in the use of this product, and we hope that these clarifications will help you enjoy the Expanded Psionics Handbook in your gaming group more.

We are aware of other errata issues. As with all our products, formal errata will be issue as soon as we have time to compile it. The official errata for the Expanded Psionics Handbook will include the information presented above.

Wizards of the Coast

Intrope

First Post
Particle_Man said:
So the Blue is +1, while the Elan is +0? That seems wrong, somehow.
I think races with mental stat bonuses are never +0 LA races. (Except for FR Sun Elves--not being an FR fan, I don't know if this was changed in the newer FR guide).

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Whoo hoo, official confirmation of the domination duration question! That's great news. Thanks, ohGr.

Last edited:

Particle_Man

Explorer
Intrope said:
I think races with mental stat bonuses are never +0 LA races. (Except for FR Sun Elves--not being an FR fan, I don't know if this was changed in the newer FR guide).

So in theory, a new race that has -6 STR, -6 DEX, -6 CON, +2 INT, and no other abilities, would still be LA +1? Bizarre.

Scion

First Post
Doesnt matter what the errata says, I'll be keeping them +0. Compare them at +1 with any other +0 race that can make a halfway decent psion and let the laughs begin. The blue doesnt even hold a candle to them at +1, worthless.

Here's to hopeing the errata will be errata'd ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads