• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Someone a Cleric?

vhailor

First Post
Can someone please post the statistics and the powers he has chosen for his Cleric? (Level 1 + Level 11)

What armor class do you think is acceptable for a Cleric designed for battle and how achieve it?

Thank you.

Storminator

First Post
Can someone please post the statistics and the powers he has chosen for his Cleric? (Level 1 + Level 11)

What armor class do you think is acceptable for a Cleric designed for battle and how achieve it?

Thank you.

I have a Level 1 dwarven cleric.

S 18
C 15
D 10
I 10
W15
Ch 8

I have Righteous Brand, Priest's Shield, Divine Glow, and Avenging Flame. I took the Dwarven Weapon Training feat, and punch out 1d12+6 with my great axe.

I have an AC 16, which is completely inadequate to my playstyle in the game. I charge into the front, crush many foes, and then get whooped. I've taken to calling it Second Round instead of Second Wind. I'll need to adjust my kamikaze or increase my AC if I want to survive.

I haven't made a L11 version of him yet.

PS

Kintara

First Post
I have a Level 1 dwarven cleric.

S 18
C 15
D 10
I 10
W15
Ch 8
Hmm, it's a tough call, I suppose, but I think I'd rather have a 10 Wisdom and a 13 Charisma. The only trouble with a 15 Wisdom is that it's a bit low for an attack attribute.

Shield Proficiency and Armor Proficiency are good buys. This character could go all the way to plate, with Plate Specialization at Paragon.

Obryn

Hero
Level 2 Elf Cleric of Corellon, as of right now

S 11
Co 12
D 16
I 8
W 18
Ch 14

Feats: Warrior of the Wild (Multiclass Ranger), Astral Fire

Armor: Hide, AC 17 (3 armor + 3 dex + 1 level)
Weapons: Spear, Longbow (+6/d10+3)

Powers:
* Sacred Flame
* Lance of Faith
* Cause Fear
* Beacon of Hope
* Bless

He's definitely designed for battle - but as ranged support & leadership, not melee. If you want a melee cleric, look elsewhere. He's got a high enough Wisdom to hit often with his prayers, and Elven Accuracy helps with this a lot. Also, he's got a lot of Radiant powers, making Astral Fire frequently helpful. His ranger multiclass lets him mark a tough enemy and do +1d6 damage with every attack until the end of the encounter against that enemy. (This is great against solos.) When out of power range, he's still very competent with his bow.

-O

Storminator

First Post
Hmm, it's a tough call, I suppose, but I think I'd rather have a 10 Wisdom and a 13 Charisma. The only trouble with a 15 Wisdom is that it's a bit low for an attack attribute.

Shield Proficiency and Armor Proficiency are good buys. This character could go all the way to plate, with Plate Specialization at Paragon.

I'll probably get the Armor Profs. I'm liking the great axe, so I'm not keen on a shield right now. We'll see how I hold up...

I went with the Wis for the Healing Lore. It's a pretty minor attack attribute, since I'm mostly using the Str 18. The only Wis attack I have (except Turn Undead) is Divine Glow, and that includes a pretty nice team buff even if it doesn't hit anything.

PS

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
The cleric that I am currently running is pretty one-dimensional, and just a bit twinky... Also, this guy is purely a "laser" cleric, but I find that concentrating on Wisdom makes him a much superior healer. Having a +5hp to all healing powers is pretty significant.

Malachai Lightbringer

3rd Level Human Cleric of Pelor

STR 10
CON 10
DEX 11
INT 8
WIS 20
CHR 14

FEATS
• Human Presence
• Channel Divinity: Pelor's Light (basically the wizard light cantrip, but encounter).
• Action Surge

POWERS
At Will
• Lance of Faith
• Sacred Flame
• Priest's Shield

Encounter
• Divine Glow
• Command

Daily
• Beacon of Hope
• Cure Light Wounds

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
well my cleric is lvl13 but thats where she started:

Starwinds 13th level Dragonborn cleric – good, radiant servant of Bahamut
Hp: 86, AC 26, Fort 22, Ref 22, Will 26

Stats & Stuff
[sblock]initiative +8 ; perception +11; move 5
Str 13+3 (16) con 12+2(14), dx 12+2(14) int 8+1(9) wis 17+3(20) chr 13+3(16)

Feats: Enlarge Breath, light shield prof, armor of Bahamut, Pact Initiate (star), Astral Fire, Utility power swap(star-pact), Devastating Critical, Empower Breath

Hp 12+14+(5x12) =86; # surges 9, Healing Surge: 23 hp
AC (26) 6+3+1+6 Fort: 22 Ref 22 Will 26

Skills: Religion-10, Arcana-10 Heal-16, insight 16;
Devoted cleric:
Healers Lore (+5 hp to healing spells)
Channel Divinity
Healing Word (encounterx2, minor) target spends surge & 3d6+5 healing
Illuminating attack – radiant powers crit on 19-20 (all attacks except where noted)
Radiant action : when you spend action point target within 5 takes 13 ongoing damage (sv ends)
[/sblock]
More stuff [sblock]At Will:
Lance of Faith +14 vs ref (1d8+10); one ally gets +2 power to hit target; Ranged 5 ;
Sacred Flame + 14 vs ref (1d6+10) ; one ally makes a save or get 8 temp hp. range 5

Encounter:
Racial: Dragon Breath: (cold, NR) +13 vs reflex (2d10+2) close blast 5
Pact – Dire Radiance +8 vs Fort (1d6+4) if target moves closer on its next turn, it takes 1d6+4 again. Range 10.
3 Split the Sky (weapon, thunder, NR) + 13 vs con (1d8+5) push 2, knockdown
7 Break Spirit +14 vs will (2d8+10) target -3 to attack until end of your next turn range 10
11 Solar Wrath +13 vs will enemies take 3d8+10, if undead or demon also stunned 1 round. Blose burst 8
13 Mantle of Glory +14 vs will (2d10+10); allies can spend surge, close blast 5

Daily (none do radiant damage)
1 Avenging Flame (weapon, fire) +13 (2d8+7) ongoing 5 fire damge (sv ends)
- miss ½ damage, 0 ongoing damage; special if target attacks, it cant make a save to end damage.
5 Spiritual Weapon +14 vs AC (1d10+8) creates combat advantage, move 10 as mv action, minor to sustain & attack again
9 Blade Barrier; if creature enters or starts turn in barrier, 3d6+8 damage & 5 ongoing (sv ends) wall 5 within 10 squares ; difficult terrain, sustain minor

Utility
2 bless (standard, daily) all targets get +1 power to hit for the encounter, cb 20
6 Bastion of Health(encounter, minor) ; Range 10; target spends surge +13 hp
10 Shadow Form (star pact, minor, daily) assume shadowy insubstantial form for the encounter, fly 6, can’t take standard actions, minor action to end.
12 Healing Sun (standard, daily,zone) allies ending in zone heal 13 hp; demons or undead entering or starting in the zone take 1d10+5 damage. Lasts until end of next turn; or Sustain Standard, ends if cleric is bloodied at the end of her turn.
[/sblock]

Stuff being carried
[sblock]
Lvl 14 : Symbol of victory +3 +3d8 on crit; (daily–a character within 5 who scores a crit, gains an action point.)
Lvl 13 : Amulet of Health +3 property- resist poison 10
Lvl 12 : light shield of deflection: property- resist 5 to all ranged attacks
Cash:1,400 gp(13k) +3 magic chain mail (9k); +2 resounding mace (daily-daze on hit) 2.6k
[/sblock]

Starwinds is addicted to her shadow form, she will embrace using it like a junkie, She believes that part of herself is actually wandering the void between the stars. Using it she believes that she is in communion with her god.
She will spend as long as possible flitting around using minor action heals, directing spiritual weapon, breath attacks, etc...

Last edited:

Remove ads