Someone has MM3 at RPG.Net

Rydac

Explorer
QUESTION TIME!

What kind of hags do we get?

What level are the derro?

ANY PLANTS HUH HUH HUH?

No need to go to rpgnet for D&D news there are ENworlders with the book too!

Rechan,
The Hags are Pact Hag (11th level Controller (Leader)
Dream Hag (19th level Controller)
Mist Hag (27th level Controller (leader)

Derro are Warrior 13th artillery
Thug 14th minion Brute
Fanatic 14th skirmisher
Harvester 15th Lurker
Ironguard 15th Soldier
Savant 16th Controller

At a quick glance only spotting one Plant entry....Oblivion Moss though
there are six separate types listed under it (five of the six are humanoid plant)

Rechan

Adventurer
Anybody with the Book - the list in the first post, am I missing anything from it? Or is that the complete ToC?

WHAT are the following monsters?
Choldrith
Forsaken
Meazle
Nagpa
Nerra

Lots and lots of fey in the new MM.
Yeah? The only ones that sound fey to me are the Veerbeg, Nymphs and Su Monster (I recall it being mentioned it is Fey in the Alumni article). MAYBE Gremlins. What else are fey?

Last edited:

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
Yeah, I picked up my copies of Monster Manual 3 and Deserts of Athas at D&D Encounters on Wednesday. I thought all stores running Encounters got this stuff early. They are allowed to sell them early, right?
I don't know what the current "rules" are, but a lot of game stores sell books early when they're actually not supposed to. :erm: AFAIK you're not supposed to sell them until the release date.

I don't know what the current "rules" are, but a lot of game stores sell books early when they're actually not supposed to. :erm: AFAIK you're not supposed to sell them until the release date.
Generally, that's true. However, the rumour is that any store running the D&D Encounters program is allowed to sell new releases this month as soon as they receive them as a reward, release date be damned. I say this is a rumour because I can't personally confirm if it's true; it's just what I've heard.

Nymrohd

First Post
Anybody with the Book - the list in the first post, am I missing anything from it? Or is that the complete ToC?

WHAT are the following monsters?
Choldrith
Forsaken
Meazle
Nagpa
Nerra

Yeah? The only ones that sound fey to me are the Veerbeg, Nymphs and Su Monster (I recall it being mentioned it is Fey in the Alumni article). MAYBE Gremlins. What else are fey?

Don't have the book but Nerra are humanoids with mirror based powers from the plane of Mirrors. Choldrith are like driders (they are the priest caste among the chitines, slave-spider hybrids from FR). I can see the Meazle in my mind but cannot focus enough to remember which damn book it was from:(

On another note, Norkers and Xvarts! I'm in love.

fba827

Adventurer
Generally, that's true. However, the rumour is that any store running the D&D Encounters program is allowed to sell new releases this month as soon as they receive them as a reward, release date be damned. I say this is a rumour because I can't personally confirm if it's true; it's just what I've heard.

While I have no source, I recall hearing the same rumor.
(Something along the lines of "to help FLGSs compete against the likes of 'big name online sellers' who discount far beyond what a FLGS could compete with...")

Remove ads