• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Soneillon. Part 2. (Updated 10/7)

Gez

First Post
Sep said:
On a related note, this opened a whole new can of worms – that of allowing magical items to serve as material components for Epic Spells. I actually quite like the idea: its not as though such things can be freely purchased in the campaign, and I think it actually balances quite well – one form of XP sink (the item) is converted into another (the Epic Spell). The purpose and symbolism needs to be consistent on some level – so it wouldn’t be possible to use, say, Daern’s instant fortress to fuel a fire evocation.

That's a splendid and flavorful idea!

Maybe even also for regular spells with XP cost, like wish...

Arken

Explorer
Sepulchrave II said:
The Demoness laughed. "The Ahma sees with clear eyes. Because there is something of mine that I would dearly like returned to me. He stole it. I want it back."

:eek: :eek: :eek: I think she is going to want Nehael! what on earth would eadric, and for that matter, Nwm do then!

Just guessing of course, sublime as always Sepulchrave.:)

Gez

First Post
Why would Nehael be so precious? She was a mere succubus, not a chthonic succubus with lots of class levels and one or two nifty additional templates.

Sure, she got redeemed and was accepted by Uedii (which shows She has a very open mind, since she usually don't like outerplanar interlopers); but that's not to have a druidic succubus in her retinue Soneillon would wage war against Graz'zt.

Darklone

Hmm, once again ;)?

Soneillon = Nehael after being dumped into the nothingness and a short timehop for some eternities?

Mytholder

There's also the wackiness of Nehael's position in the Web of Motes. She does seem to be the axis on which the world changes, for Oronthon at least. That might make her more valuable to Soneillon, even leaving aside the time travel theory.

Remove ads