Soneillon. Part 2. (Updated 10/7)

Lela

First Post
Felix said:
"Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
did gire and gimble in the wabe...
Oh, oh, I know this one. Dangit. I do remember that they put it in Alice in Wonderland. Ga, it's going to come to me at 2 AM when my mouth goes dry and I must drag myself out of bed for water.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
hmmm

Sep,
I must say that I love the story hour. Said it before, and I'm saying it again...apparently (heh), but this is a well crafted story, and I LOVE the moral dilemmas forced upon the characters. It requires such a great role players to take these dilemmas and create the story we see before us, so my hat's off to your players (no really)...alright maybe it just fell off my head but still...great job to all.

oh and lela, I know it "na na na na na na!" Of course i know felix so i may have an advantage... ;)

maybe this will help, it being the next portion:

"All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe."

Last edited:

Rackhir

Explorer
Lela said:
Oh, oh, I know this one. Dangit. I do remember that they put it in Alice in Wonderland. Ga, it's going to come to me at 2 AM when my mouth goes dry and I must drag myself out of bed for water.

I'm 99.9% certain it's from "The Jaberwock" which was written (iirc) also by Lewis Carrol. The infamous "Vorpal Sword" also comes from the poem.

Felix

Explorer
Sep,
Since I am aware of your love of bump-free threads, I'll add praise to this shameless bump; Salthorae, while unattractive and foul-smelling ;), knows what he's talking about. What you have crafted has brought many hours of enjoyment to all of your devoted readers, who, perhaps like myself, wish you nothing but good fortune so that you may continue to write for us.

Lela,
It is my favorite poem; I memorized it for a reading in 8th grade, and it has stuck with me since. It is indeed:
The Jabberwocky

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son,
the claws that catch, the teeth that bite!

Lela

First Post
Alas, it did indeed come to me in the night. Though at 3 am instead of 2. A great poem when read aloud and still amazing when read silently (many aren't).

robberbaron

First Post
Having just spent the best part of a week catching up on this story from the beginning (at least from Lady Despina's Virtue), I am humbled by the quality of both the gaming and the story-writing.

I am not worthy (but more story please).

BTW, does Sepulchrave (I or II) have a dictaphone going during games or does he merely have an Epic memory?

Remove ads